cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? about copying a track and its contents

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In a number of threads, i have read "create a transport connection between the tracks". Is this the same procedure as creating the original track, i.e., checking in the archives, doing imports, etc. in transport studio? I

If not, can the content actually be captured in a transport on disk and reimported to a new track? If this is the case, can someone point me to where in the docs this is explained?

I want to make certain that i am not missing something important here.

Sincerely,

Steven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steven,

Copy track definition:

With the help of CMS "Save as" button you can simply a create a copy of a track with the same track definitions.

Content copy:

To copy the contents, that is filling of the track can be done in various ways:

1) Forward the latest assembled SCs from the source track to the new target track

2) Download the SCAs from the source track to FS and then manually check in.

This link below can give you some information on creating a second track. You may go through how to perform layered development>preparing the development for layered development>creating a domain and first track in CMS--> her you will find info on creating second track, connecting tracks etc.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/0d18d725301a78e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Track connections:

This is basically to avoid double maintenance. You can a detailed idea about track connections here:

/people/guenter.schiele/blog/2005/12/21/best-practices-for-running-the-nwdi

Hope this helps!

Akshatha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshatha,

This helps very much.

thank you!

Steven

Answers (0)