cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP DB tools not functioning after 4.6C to NW2004s upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out why the SAP DB tools are not functioning correctly on our production hardware after our upgrade from 4.6C to NW2004s.

An example of not working, you execute trans ST04 and you see the message "Starting Application: DB Preformance" then it just returns you to the main menu. We are getting no error messages at all. From what I can see the logs are not showing anything.

Our configuration is a distributed model with a Central Instance and a seperate Database server running MS SQL 2005.

We have actually gone thru 2 upgrades from 4.6C - NW2004s and then from Non-Unicode to Unicode.

During the Unicode conversion we ran the System Copy Installation Tools for a distributed system without any errors.

This is an ABAP only system, is there something I am missing either in the profiles or executables on the DB server in order to make this run properly?

Thanks for your assistance.

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had this same problem with a new version of ST04 that showed up with Basis SP 13 and fixed it with an authorization update. Have you run SU53 after this to see if you are running into an auth issue?

Just a thought.

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

That was the problem.

Thanks alot for the tip.

Regards,

James

Answers (0)