cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions required for Downloading PAR file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I try to download PAR file form "System Administration -> Support -> Portal Runtime -> Browse Deployment...." I didnt find any par.bak file in the downloaded zip file.

I was able to see only some .properties, .jar etc.. does it some how related to permissions assigned to the user to download the .par.bak file?

If not what could be the problem in downloading the .Par.bak file.

Regards,

Ravi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I guess you can download the par with system administration rights, which obviously u have as you can browse the PCD.

Make sure you download the par from the correct location. Usually its in the portalapp folder of the PCD.

/root/portalapps

download the required par, it will save as "com.sap.portal.support.browse." extract it using winzip. which gives u a bak file. rename the file by removing the .bak

and then u can import it to the studio.

let me know if it helps,

Best,

AE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did it in the same way earlier, but I didnt find any .par.bak in the zip.

I think I have to request them from administrator who has server access.

Regards,

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

zip file which is downloaded from portal is nothing but par file.you just need to change the extension to par file to import it into NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

The .par.bak is inculded in the support.browse file.

Right click on the file that you have downloaded and open with winrar.

You will find another file that says "com.sap.portal.support.browse", double click on that and then you can find the .par.bak file.

If you still find it difficult, send me your mail id and I will send the screen shots to you.

Reward points if handy!

Cheers,

Sandeep

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got this resolved. The problem was I am not opening the file with Winrar. Finally I got the PAR file.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Please close the thread.

Cheers,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can also download from your server

If you have access to server, you can download par file from there or ask your basis people for the par file

Go through this path in the server. you will find all par files here.

\usr\sap\<J2E>\<JC01>\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\temp