cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Strategy in Credit Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know is there any possibility of using release strategy for Credit Management in SAP SD. I am coming across a situation in my project where, for different slabs of values, different releasing authorities are there. The following is the example.

Value upto Rs. 5,00,000 - Sales Manager can release.

Between Rs. 5,00,000 & Rs. 10,00,000 - Regional Sales Manger can release.

Above than that - Only GM can release.

So, I want to know, can we set these slabs and releasing authorities anywhere in credit management settings.

Your early suggestions will be very valuable as Go-live is closing in on for us.

Thanks and Regards

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

this can be done in authorizations when creating roles/profiles using PFCG. however, this is usually the responsibility of BASIS.

nevertheless, you create a role/profile and include, for example, the t-codes VKM1, VKM3 and VKM4. now you go to the authorizations tab, click on authorizations data and go to object Sales and Distribution > Customer Credit Limit: Edit SD Documents > Credit Limit used in %.

the authority to release is in percentage, and you must make sure that the credit limit of the customer is taken into account and that you assign the right risk category in FD32 (for this reason, we usually group customers by the amounts of the credit limits and represent these groups as risk categories).

let us say for your Risk Category 001, the credit limit is 10,000,000. using PFCG, define your area manager's profile so that for this risk category can have authority to release 0% to 50%. your regional manager will have authority to release 51% to 100%. your GM will have authority 101% and above.

within a role/profile, you can have different % authority release for each risk category.

regards.

Edited by: jonathan yap on Mar 19, 2008 3:19 PM

Edited by: jonathan yap on Mar 19, 2008 3:20 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

yes it is possible but u need to take help from ABAP people.

it wil possible using userexit and authorization profile.

ABAP people wil generate code .

userexit will be USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE.

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Standard SAP allows to have single accounting clerk for clearing transaction due to credit release for a customer. THis is done in FD31/32 tcode where we assign the accounting clerk to the customer and credit control area.

But one way is putting code at VA01/02 exit to check the amount of the sales order and put the delivery block on the order giving correct order reason. Now you can define program which can remove the block. This program can be defined at different auth levels for managers according to amount they can clear. If they try to clear more than their limit. error will be given.

Reward if helpful

Kind Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos