Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor the transactions executed by user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to monitor the transactions executed and objects / tables that were modified for a user in a period of time.

For example the following Query:

All The transactions executed for the user SAP* from 01.01.2008 to 01.02.2008.

There is a table with this information? Or maybe should i have to activated some Trace Tool. The idea is to trace the user during a period of time.

Best Regards,

Erick Ilarraza

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to use ST03n to check the user's profile for the time period that you need.

Follow these steps.

1. Go to ST03N

2. Click on the triangle |> next to the server name

3. Double Click the time interval you need (day, month etc)

4. Click on User and Settlement Statistics --> User Profile

5. The username will show up on the right. Now click the username and it will list all the Tcodes the user executed within the time period you specified.

Also, look at this thread. This answered all my questions

Kunal

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use T-Code -SM18, SM19, SM20

Creating a User Audit Profile

1. Log on to any client in the appropriate SAP system.

2. Go to transaction SM19.

3. From the top-most menu bar on the Security Audit: Administer Audit Profile screen, click Profile -> Create.

4. On the Create new profile popup, type in a new Profile name and click the green Enter picture-icon.

5. On the Filter 1 tab of the Security Audit: Administer Audit Profile screen, click the BOX to the left of Filter active to place a TICK in the box. In the Selection criteria section, select the Clients and User names to be traced. In the Audit classes section, click "on" all the auditing functions you need for this profile. In the Events section, click the radio button to the left of the level of auditing you need. Once you have entered all your trace information, click the Save picture-icon. You will receive an Audit profile saved in the status bar at the bottom of the screen.

6. Please note that while the user trace profile has been saved, it is not yet active. To activate the user trace, see the next section Activating a User Audit Profile.

7. You may now leave the SM19 transaction.

Activating a User Audit Profile

2. Go to transaction SM19.

3. On the Security Audit: Administer Audit Profile screen, select the audit profile to be activated from the Profile dropdown. Click the lit match picture-icon to activate it. You will receive an Audit profile activated for next system start in the status bar at the bottom of the screen. The audit will not begin until after the SAP instance has been recycled.

4. You may now leave the SM19 transaction.

Viewing the Audit Analysis Report

2. Go to transaction SM20.

3. In the Selection, Audit classes, and Events to select sections of the Security Audit Log: Local Analysis screen, provide your information to filter the audit information. If you need to trace the activities of a specific user, be sure to include that user's ID. Click the Re-read audit log button.

4. The resulting list is displayed. This list can be printed using the usual methods.

5. You may now leave the SM20 transaction.

Cheers

Shaji

0 Kudos

Dear Shaji,

Thanks for the step to enable the security audit log.

I have to trace all the user with transaction in PRD system for one year. Can you please guide me how to do this.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to use ST03n to check the user's profile for the time period that you need.

Follow these steps.

1. Go to ST03N

2. Click on the triangle |> next to the server name

3. Double Click the time interval you need (day, month etc)

4. Click on User and Settlement Statistics --> User Profile

5. The username will show up on the right. Now click the username and it will list all the Tcodes the user executed within the time period you specified.

Also, look at this thread. This answered all my questions

Kunal

0 Kudos

Hi all!

Thanks a lot for your response, they were very complete, accurate and appropriate.

Shaji:

I followed all the instructions, with the difference that i activated the profile directly (check box Filter Active).

The matter that i don't understand is this: The audit will not begin until after the SAP instance has been recycled.

We have to restart the server?

I them tried the other form:

ST03n

But it only display the moths of the year 2007. You are sure about this step: Click on User and Settlement Statistics --> User Profile

Kunal, Where is Settlement Statistics located?

Best Regards,

Erick ILarraza

0 Kudos

Erick,

Im sorry I was a little caught up with work since the last few days. You will need to double click on the time interval and then the User and Settlement Stats will be displayed below the what looks like the calender.

If it does not show up all the days, then that is another issue. Basically, the time period that you double click on, should display a list or parameters like User Stats, Load History and Distribution etc.

Hope this helps.

Kunal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erick,

The explanation given by shaji is correct, but he left one important parameter to be specified in the SAP instance profile.

You set the parameter eg. rec/client=100. This parameter will enable the client recordings. Also other related parameters for mentioning the file size, maxsize are there, u can view that in the SM18 menu, goto parameters.

After setting this parameter, do enable the audit log by creating a new profile in Sm18

restart the SAP server to make the settings take effect.

You can view all the security audit logs in SM20 tcode for a selected user.

The Audit log will be stored daily in a file at the OS level.

You can maintain these files seperatly so that u can use this for future reference.

Any doubts regarding this contact me

regards,

Maheswaran

0 Kudos

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your reply, it was very useful.

Best Regards,

Erick ILarraza

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

Dear Maheswaran,

I have to trace the user with all TCode in PRD system for one year. Can you please let me know the step - what are the parameter I have to add.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.