cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you folks ?. I assume that data for APO gets from OLTP system for planning, But not sure whether it gets the data from logistics, accounting and some other modules.

Can anyone kindly let me know experts ?. How it works .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

APO Gets data from any system which uses logistics and Sales and distribution, APO doensot literally deal with Finance and accounting.

For example if APO wants to interact with R/3 it will interact with SD, MM, PP mostly through transactional data.

Master data flows only one way from R/3 material master/ resources/ plants to APO.

Master data is not transferred from APO.

And instead of R/3 if you have another ERP. even then using BAPI's we can do the interaction between the other system and APO.

Thanks,

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer, I have another question ?. What is backup cube and snapot cubes, which are mainly referred in APO.

Can anyone letme know on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Backup Cube is an important Entity in your APO Planning system (DP).

It actually stores the data of that instant at which the system Backup was taken or was scheduled.

It might happen that some error may occur (sytem or manual) during execution of the Planning system,then the data available in the backup cube can be reloaded to overwrite the current erronous data with the previous & allows to start the Planning again.

The only difference between a normal cube & a Backup cube is that while assigning the source system to the infosource, here the source will your entire Planning system

eg :GNPCLNT640-SCM 4.1 Production-This will consider your APO clnt 640 Production system as a your source for Backup..

Also care should be taken that too many Backup data or backup's should not be kept in the cube as a maintenance activity & for the Overall performance of the system.It can also happen that due to many Backup's the cube will get overloaded & may give incorrect results..

The Quality system must be kept in sink with the Production system so as to transport any cube from QA to Production in case of any Issue..

I think this should help..

Regards,

Vishal Pandya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you Please post one question in one thread. If you have another question or subquestion Please create new thread.. it will be easy for track as well as you will get proper aswer.

Answers (0)