cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Job already started" when calling a adobe form in Z function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a error when calling a adobe form in a custom function module.

I am using FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME to get the adobe form function module and then i am using FP_JOB_OPEN function module to control the printing parameters such as no print preview or no dialog ..etc.. I dont have any exceptions during the call of FP_JOB_OPEN function module ..

Later I am calling my function module which was generated for the adobe form and i am getting the error called " JOB ALREADY STARTED".

I tried executing the same function module in se37 and the PDF form output was generated, and also by commenting FP_JOB_OPEN function module the PDF form output was generated.

But i need the FP_JOB_OPEN function module to control the output based on the output type which triggers the form output such as the medium from nast record which says print or email or fax.. etc

Please let me know how to handling this error.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aleksandr Bavbel

When i debugged the function module i found out if sy-cprog has some value it will not given any problem.. so move value to sy-cprog then the error will not appear.

Thanks,

Jck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just as a followup note. If you are testing a function module from SE37 and the test button you will get a value in SY-CPROG. You must override this value for everything to work.

If you override the value of SY-CPROG with the main program that will be calling the function module you have no problem.

John W.

adamistic
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi, thank you for this logic.

Over-writing sy-cprog variable with the master program of the custom function module works fine and job already started error is removed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have solved the issue..

Thanks for the help..

Jack