cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine which adapter to be used in a scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to XI and have some very basic knowledge about it.

I wish to know if I need to send data from a legacy(system A) to SAp (system B) how do I know what adapter to use. Should I use file, idoc ,JMS etc adapter.

Is there a specific guide which I can use to know which adapter should be used in which conditions.

Appreciate if you could guide me to some relavent weblog/steps.

Thanks

Shirin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From you legacy system to XI:

There are possibility to use File Adapter, or JMS adapter etc..

From XI to SAP system, There are possibilities to use

IDOC, RFC and ABAP Proxy

You need to have discussion with consultant who are work in other systems, to see transport protocol their system support.

Only after that, we can suggest further solutions for you.

Regards.

Liang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The adapter to be used is decided more from the capability of the legacy application

1. SAP

Proxy, IDoc, xml file, RFC

2. Internet application - SOAP, HTTP

3. Database - JDBC

4- Webservice - SOAP

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thankyou All,

Really appreciate all your help and guidance.

Am going through some weblogs as mentioned by you. Shall revert if I am stuck with HOW part.

Thanks again

Shirin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shirin,

Before u start developing the objects in SAP-XI,kindly go through the below mentioned blogs which would definitely help u in the road ahead.These blogs are meant for the freshers to XI like u...

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/25/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/26/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-ii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2006/12/27/aspirant-to-learn-sap-xiyou-won-the-jackpot-if-you-read-this-part-iii

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/16/message-mapping-simplified--part-i

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/08/message-mapping-simplified-150-part-ii

These would definitely give u a good start into the world of SAP-XI

Regards,

Lokesh

PS:Reward points if useful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Going through all the blogs and replies has clarified the whole scenario in my mind. Thanks everyone

Shirin

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome to SAP XI / PI World

>I wish to know if I need to send data from a legacy(system A) to SAp (system B) how do I know what adapter to use. Should I use file, idoc ,JMS etc adapter.

Choosing the Adapter depends upon the Sceneio, That is in what Format the Sender is going to send the message. In you case..if the Sender sends the message in the mode of File go ahead for File adapter,If it is Queue go for JMS Adapter..

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have noted your response and shall remember this rule.

However is there any SAP document or any weblog which may give further insight into WHY and HOW part of my would-be questions

Thanks

Shirin

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> However is there any SAP document or any weblog which may give further insight into WHY and HOW part of my would-be questions

Sure, I will look into it and update you soon.

Regards

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this is a good starting point about xi in general:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/first%2bstep%2bto%2blearn%2bsap%2bxi%2bor%2bpi

(Have a look at the e-learnings and the blogs)

This is about adapters:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/5ab43b274a960de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick