cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MM016 MESSAGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ALL,

FROM WHERE I CAN CHANGE THE STATUS OF MESSAGE MM016.

REGARDS,

QSM SAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto

SPROLog generalMaterial masterBasic settingsDefine attributes for system messages.

Here you will find this message class MM and message no 016

rgds

Chidanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that message of 016 is not existing there from where i can add that to change the status?????

regards,

qsm sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cann't include directly this message number.

As this is most critical message Which SAP has provided as Self explanatory those who doing the Periods Initializing using MMPI or the program "RMMMINIT"

Instead of changing this message number go as per the Note number which this message MM016 gives the details of the note number 487381.

I think you are doing Period initialize but system is not allowing to do unless you follow this note.

rgds

Chidanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes you are right but after that note also still this message is appearing as an error.

regards,

qsm sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think so many documents, stocks are there in that period, thats might be the reason the system is not allowing to intitialize the period.

You need to write to the SAP to check this Period initialize.They will suggest some solutions for this what needs to be done.

One more thing is I am not sure whether it will work or not.

If the Plant is your Valuation area,

You just remove the assignment of the Plant from the company code in Enterprise structure IMG settings for assignment temporarily.

Then in Transaction OMSY --Maintain the company code for Materials Management you Initialize the period as per your requirement then again assign the Plant to the company code.

Check all your data again, whether the system works or not.

This is suggestion, Please Don't test in Real scenario, Create a dummy company code & Plant and post some documents & Stocks and then try to do follow the above settings then initialize this. Check out will it works or not.

rgds

Chidanand

Answers (0)