Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

File to Proxy Scenario

Hi:

IDOC file from Vendor (convert to XML file??)XISRM(ABAP Standard Proxy "PurchaseOrderConfirmation_In").

Is it possible to use file to proxy scenario.

I want to post PO response in SRM via ABAP Proxy in SRM from a input idoc file.

Please suggest whether it is possible?? and if yes how..

Thanks In Advance ...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the feedback

I am closing this post here and will open a new post .I have awarded points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran,

Please explain your scenario in detail .

As per my understanding , you mean to say that you are getting PO confirmations from the vendor in IDOC format ( Is this is file which has IDOC response message in XML format ?)

and you need to post that into SRM system using standard SRM content message structure .

You can do this based on what message you are getting as response and how you can map to the SRM standard content.

Cheers,

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy:

The file is in the idoc format.The file is not in XML format.

My understanding is to convert the IDOC file to XML format and and how to convert the idoc file to xml format and map it

to standard abap proxy.

ABAP proxy on SRM I think will accept only in XML format.

I am new to this scenario.

"You can do this based on what message you are getting as response and how you can map to the SRM standard content."

I do not really get it what you said above ..

Can you please let me know how to proceed...

Is it possible to map to standard srm content?

I have just started working on XI so bear me if I am asking very simple questions....

Thanks for reading the post...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran

Just go with IDOC - XI - ABAP PROXY(SRM) instead of IDOC - XI - File and File - XI - SRM. Just map the required fields in the former scenario , it should work. Let us know if you get any problems, we will help you

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> ABAP proxy on SRM I think will accept only in XML format.

Yes

> Is it possible to map to standard srm content?

Yes

Can you explain your requirement more clearly, Source system , Target System

Regards

Sangeetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses.Here is the exact scenario.

Requirement:Process PO Confirmation in SRM from file

Sender:Third pary Vendor

Input file will be from vendor in the idoc format which is 855 as shown below.

EDI_DC 100 ORDERS012SAPPRD KUXXX_EDI

E2EDK01 100 E2EDK01 00

E2EDK02 100 E2EDK02 001100656282

E2EDP01 100 E2EDP01 00001IP 1

E2EDP20 100 E2EDP20 1

E2EDP19 100 E2EDP19 001767950

E2EDP19 100 E2EDP19 002K006205WBB

The following below I copied from SAP Standard name space to my own name space and reusing the data type and message type and message interface.

Receiver:SAP SRM

Receiver Interface:"PurchaseOrderConfirmation_In"

Data: Type for receiver:"PurchaseOrderMessage"

Question:Now how to define the sender message and interface.I want to process the above file via XI to the SAP Standard ABAP Proxy "PurchaseOrderConfirmation_In"

If I copied the object in my own name space how will the SRM system know that it is a standard sap abap proxy do the rest of the processing.

File-XI-ABAP Proxy

How to do the mapping..

Hope I am clear this time!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kiran:

I did somewhat similar requirement to yours but it was SRM(PurchaseOrderRequest) - XI - File. In your case since you are getting IDOC as file, you can use FCC to read the file. Check the IDOC for values, i think all of them have fixed lengths. So you can use Fixed length FCCs and read the file.

Regarding SRM Proxy, I think , it is SAP provided contents which are already predefined and so as proxies to. Make sure that Catalog Content Management of SRM is present in SAP XI box and connections between XI and SRM are done. You will have already predefined namesspace and messages for PurchaseOrdeConfirmation in SRM software component of SAP XI. If you are able to edit already existing scenario, embed into that. Else copy the message to new namespace then Map the file to PurchaseOrdeConfirmation message. Your scenario will work. I