cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP License - License is more than 24 characters

sebastian_sebaraj
Participant
0 Kudos

I entered following information and I got a license key. But it is not 24 characters as document say. It is more than 100 character. How can I install this license Key

Installation

Installation number

Installation name ERP Installation

SAP product SAP ERP

Customer Perdue Farms, Inc.

Location SALISBURY

System Data

System ID

System number

System name SB2

System type Development system

Database ORACLE

Operating system AIX

Following is the e-mail i received from SAP

Digitally signed license key from SAP NetWeaver AS 7.0

-

For upgrades with SAP NetWeaver Application Server (SAP NetWeaver AS) 7.0 (ABAP) and above, SAP recommends requesting and installing the new digitally signed license key. The new digitally signed license key avoids extra database access and thus improves performance. Request the license key for an existing system from SAP NetWeaver 04s and above with the license type "standard." Install the license key as described in SAP Note 870871.

License is not 24 characters. It is more than 100 chatacters. Need Help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Download the attachment ( license ) from the mail you got from SAP ( License key notification ) to your local computer . Then go to transaction SLICENSE --> New License <F9> --> Install , upload the license .. New digital license got more characters than the old one

Thanks

Prince Jose

sebastian_sebaraj
Participant
0 Kudos

Prince Jose

I have installed the license. Thank you. But I still see TEMPLICENSE in the list of Installed License.

I see New installed License ( NetWeaver_ORA) in the page when I choose New License(F9). Do I have to do anything? or Is this is OK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Temp license is only good for one month. As you installed the premenent license you are ok ..

Thanks

Prince Jose

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once the new license is installed the templicense will remain in the list as an old license and won't represent any risk... if its bothering you you can remove it by clicking on Edit -> Delete License in SLICENSE.

Also you can remove it at the command prompt by using saplicense -delete comman and follow the steps.

Regards

Juan

Please close the thread

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sebastian_sebaraj
Participant
0 Kudos

Can some one help me how to close this thread.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edited by: vamsi koganti on Mar 19, 2008 5:58 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Copy the license in a txt file. and import it using SLICENSE-->NewLicense _ > Install. Browse and attach the file.

Cheers

Shaji#

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message says what to do:

Install the license key as described in SAP Note 870871.