Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I test Sender SOAP scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Soap - IDOC.

The authorizations on the WS to send data is not yet provided to me.

thus, I m trying to send a sample data from Altova XML spy.

For this purpose I have created a WSDL from ID (Tools -> create WS)

in Receiver NS, receiver MI, I have given receiver side details only

but in sender side NS and MI and Sender service, I have given the Sender service that I have created in ID and the XI's local NS and receiver MI

For URL, I have selected on "Propose URL". Now will I be able to send data to the R3 server with this link?

(R3 is production server in my network)

now with that WSDL, I coudlnt validate in XML SPY.

have I provided the correct details?

Please suggest me is there any other way of testing Sender WS to IDOC?

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For URL, I have selected on "Propose URL". Now will I be able to send data to the R3 server with this link?

No. this link is related to posting the SOAP daat to XI integration server directly and is nowhere related to posting data on R3

In the URL, u have to provide the XI details only.

Please suggest me is there any other way of testing Sender WS to IDOC?

If u cannot test it with Altova, then i would suggest to send the test message from RWB -> Component Monitoring

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

No. this link is related to posting the SOAP daat to XI integration server directly and is nowhere related to posting data on R3

Does it mean that I cannot post data into R3 from WS at any cost from Altova XML Spy through the WSDL I have created from SPY?

Can I achieve the same if I enter the actual URL and the namespace of the client system in sending system?

regards,

Nikhil.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does it mean that I cannot post data into R3 from WS at any cost from Altova XML Spy through the WSDL I have created from SPY?

R3 can be accessed in only one of the three ways - Idco, RFC, Proxy. The altova soap call can only send the data to XI. Now XI based on receiver determination will send the data to SAP in one of the three above mentioned ways

Can I achieve the same if I enter the actual URL and the namespace of the client system in sending system?

Configure any1 Idoc/ RFC/ Proxy

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

oops I guess I have confused u

let me detail it again

Scenario : SOAP - XI - IDOC

The scenario is finished.

I dont have authorizations on WS to logon n send the data

Thus, I have created WSDL from ID (in XI)

now I want to send data to XI which inturn will post the data to R3 and create a IDOC

when I try to validate the WSDL created through XI using SPY, it couldnt validate and I couldnt send the request

I want to send the data from outside XI and I want to generate a IDOC with the test data I have specified.

how do I do it?

Hope I made it clear this time

Thanks,

Nikhil.

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Check the port in the url, it should be the J2ee port (eg:50000).

And the shoudl be something like

http://xiserver:<port>/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=:BS_SoapToRFC:SOAPtoXI&version=3.0&Sende...

Regards

Suraj