Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement related to Extension of SyncBO

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working with Enhancement of MAU application.

I want to extend the SyncBO which is being used in the application. That means if I want to add some new fields to the exisiting SyncBO, then accordingly the API's must be changed and we should get classes with the new fields included in that.

Any one has the idea how to do this ?

Ideas and suggestions are truely welcomed.

Thanks & Regards

Neha Mahanty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Oliver in his message gave you a hint what to do on the backend to enhance BAPIs.

On top of this you have to create a ZSyncBo (based on MAU standard one).

Then you need to use BO generator to generate API classes that will reflect your new fields.

Also, files like mereMeta.xml, start_full.jsp, mapping.xml, syncbonamelist.properties have to be changed, core.config extended.

The moment you create zSyncBo you loose SAP support.

So you have to be absolutely sure that you can not pass extra fields via customer enahancment tables before you decide to do it.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa, Oliver

Thanks a lot for the replies. I am not able to find any BO generator . So if you have that can you please mail me the BO generator along with any usage guide.

My mail id is : nehamahanty@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards

Neha Mahanty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

well, as Larissa mentioned: the BO builder is only necessary if you need to create a new zBO - I think from your quesiton that is not necessary. Stay with the enhancement concept, enhance the existing BO and send the informations in these - that will cause you much less trouble - is straight forward ABAP dev and on the java side you just get the infos in the usual BO Manager by requesting details for MAMxxxItem010. Once you enhacned the BO and send info from the backend - you can see this on the client while browsing the start.jsp page.

If you really need to add a new BO - cause you need to send information that does not fit into the existing structure - this does not seem to be the case here - then we need to check. The BO generator was part of the MDK. Not sure if it is still.

Hope that helps,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well, a good idea: look into the enhancement guides service.sap.com/instguides -> XAPPS -> XMAM

But: you can place any enhancements for BOs in SE19. Then select the function group for your BO and then you see the getlist/create/..... handlers and you can define enhancements for them. Switch on the enhancement flag for the BO and the informaiton comes down usually in item 10 or item 20 of that bo.

Well, hopefully it helps to find the direct path for that issue - if not, specify a little more where yopur problem is and I try to help you.

Regards,

Oliver