cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find out SR level in SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

How to find out the SR level of our system in Windows. And can any one tell me, what are the necessary CD's required for ECC 6.0 installation. I can found all the informations but I can't found for specific installation on windows -- mssql .

Thanks

Regards,

Ral

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It doesnt matter whether its SR1 or SR2. It all depends on which support pack lever u are in. Both are the same.

The new SR3 is still in the Ramp Up will be only change in the support pack level. The functionality is the same.

Cheers

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaji

could u please light on the support pakage numbers for SR1 and SR2 ?

and what do you mean by ECC 5.0 SR1 with respect to ECC5.0 ?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Shaji mentioned before, The SR is only a compilation of support packages added to the installation package.

So, it makes no difference between SR1, SR2 as long as the SP are applied.

regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In ABAP stack, SM50(Workprocess Overview) -> Release Info button will also serve ur cause.

You can find some more information there as well Like kernel patch Level ...

For Java Stack , as described by David ...

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply. But my questions is, when we are installing SAP, we will say like, SAP ECC 6.0 SR1 (or) SR2. So how we will find SR1 or SR2 in an existing system?

Thanks

Regards,

Ral

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

That is the Component name, and that you can get from SYSTEM - > Status

See Component name there on the screen . and you will get your answer.

Award if useful

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECC6 SR1 SR2 , SR3 all depends on the included Support pack levels in the installation .I dont think there is an easy way of finding it .. What you can do is check the Support Pack levels in your system as suggested in the earlier post and compare it with note 774615 . You will get an idea ..

ECC6 SR1 is based on

SAP_BASIS 700 6

SAP_ABA 700 6 ....

ECC6 SR2 is based on SAP_BASIS 700 9 and SR3 is based on SAP_BASIS 700 14 .. Check all other components in note

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

An SR (Service Release) is simply a base release + a certain amount of SPs(Support Packs).

So, the question you really want is what SP level is the system at. If it's an ABAP system, you can find that in the SYSTEM menu-->STATUS. Then click the magnifying glass under the "system data" section to see the individual SPs for the various components.

If it's a Java system, you need to log into the URL for the system information screen. That is:

http://<host>:5xx00

(where xx is the system number)

click "system information" and login with an administrative user. The component listing on that screen will tell you what level your java components are on.

You can download all needed software from

http://service.sap.com/swdc

You will need an OSS account, and proper authorizations given to you by an admin by the customer. Further, you will need your downlaods to be approved via the SolMan Maintenance Optimizer by an admin at the customer.