Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS & MSS Access Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to provide access for users to ESS and MSS. I can not seem to build appropriate authorisation within my R/3 (ABAP) roles to provide access.

The users has versions of roles;

SAP_ESSUSER_ERP

SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP_GB_ERP

And I have made sure that specific Auth Objects have full authorisation for the time being such as;

S_SERVICE

P_PERNR

The role also includes some WEBDYNPRO external services;

Service - WEBDYNPRO sap.com/mss~eepro/EmployeeProfile_AllConfig

Service - WEBDYNPRO sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils/XssMenuArea

Service - WEBDYNPRO sap.com/pcui_gp~xssutils/XssMenu

But I still cant see anything when I view MSS or ESS tabs.

Can anyone provide any details regarding the correct authorisations to be able to access ESS & MSS without the use of SAP_ALL.

Many Thanks

Ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ian,

does assigning SAP_ALL to your testuser actually solve your problem?

perhaps a trace can give you (and us) some more insight?

good luck,

dimitri

5 REPLIES 5

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi ian,

does assigning SAP_ALL to your testuser actually solve your problem?

perhaps a trace can give you (and us) some more insight?

good luck,

dimitri

0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Yes applying SAP_ALL does resloved my issue but I was not aware a trace would pick anything up? Are you refering to ST01 tracing? Should that work when accessing things on the portal?

Many thanks

Ian

0 Kudos

yes, I was referring to the ST01 trace and this will pick the authorization-checks up when executing ESS/MSS apps on the portal side.

let us know what you find out!

0 Kudos

Dimitri,

Thanks for your help that worked a treat! It was mainly lacking RFC authoirsation so I provided this and I can now access all the areas that I require.

Thanks again

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ian,

A few things to check for:

1. Roles SAP_ESSUSER_ERP & SAP_EMPLOYEE_ERP_GB_ERP are delivered roles that still needto be generated. Make sure your Authorizations tab is Green.

2. ESS - is mainly based on auth object P_PERNR. Make sure that your user has a valid Info Type 105 Subtype 0001. The user ID should match IT105, ST0001.

Let me know if you want me to eloborate.