cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not delete employee in users_gen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a strange case here. I have a SRM 5.5 test system which has not been used for some time. Now I wanted to refresh the config as the backend has changed. I did the whole customizing , replicated materials, vendors, etc... Then I tried to recreate users.

1. USERS_GEN

2. Delete user accounts and employees

3. Select user, choose 'delete eployee assignment' and I get the message 'data for user xxx could not be read'

Do you have any idea where/how I can delete it?

I will reward with points usefull answers.

cheers,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

If you are getting this kind of a message 'data for user xxx could not be read' that means check whether those users exist in SU01 or not.

Generally we use SU01 users as business partners and assign them to org. structure as employees.

Try deleting the user itself and not just the employee assignment and see what it says.

Hope you could get a better picture by checking the status of the users using SU01d txn.

Award points for helpful answers.

Rgds,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Thanks for your input but it did not help

The user exist(this is my user!) and I can not delete it with USERS_GEN as we use CUA to manage users. Anyway, I asked my colleague to delete it from CUA and create again. If I try now to create employee in USERS_GEN I get a message 'action cancelled'. What is more strange, if I choose another org. unit which I use in users_gen to create employee, it works. Any idea for this behaviour? When I check the unit in PPOMA_BBP there are no errors.

kind regards,

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can try deleting the user from table HRP1001 using Report RHRHDL00.

Goto SE38 and enter RHRHDL00 program. enter the Object ID for the user.

Regards

Vinay Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

thanks, points awarded!

cheers,

Robert