cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Exception Handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to test my Deadline and Exception handling.But it is not at all working. I will explain what I have done, please guide me where I am going wrong.

1) Block Step. Properties --- Exception == ERROR1

2)Switch Step . Success Branch . Send Step. with a Transport Response. And I am sending to the Mail adapter. And in directory I have provided the WRONG URL FOR THIS Mail.

Otherwsie Branch. Send step, sending to a File.

3)Dead Lock Branch : Having a Control Step.

Properties

-

Action : Throw Exception

Exception: ERROR1

4) Exception Branch.

Properties

-

Exception Handler : ERROR1

Send Step : Send a Message to a File (

Result

-

I am Seeing a Clock in my SXMB_MONI OUTBOUND_Status column, because I am expecting a TRANSPOT Response, and this going to never happen, so I thought the Deadline monitor will wakeup after 1 minute interval and my Exception branch has to Trigger, but it has never triggered my Deadline branch aswell as my Exception Branch.

WE are in XI SP 12. We dont have CCMS installed yet, even ALERT management is not installed.

Please guide me.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

Go to transaction SWU3 and check if 'Maintain Defination Environment' and 'Maintain Runtime Environment' show green flag. Also with in the 'Maintain Runtime Environment' see if 'Schedule Background Job for Missed Deadline' is scheduled and is in green status.

More info Schedule Background Job for Missed Deadlines..

Function

Specify a time interval at which the background job is called regularly. With each execution, the background job checks whether new deadlines have been missed since the last time it ran.

To be able to successfully execute this activity, the activity Configure RFC destination must have been successfully executed.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand.

I See Green Flag(S) In Maintain Runtime Environment and all its subordinate items.

Maintain Definition is not Green, because "Check Entries from HR Control Tables" is in Red Status.

Schedule Backfground Job for Missed Deadlines is marked with 3 Minutes Time Interval.

Still my Exception and Deadline Branches are not executed.

I think We need to apply some OSS notes!!!!

Anand, from the points I have posted in my start of this mail, do you see my construction of BPM is valid?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karen,

I hope all the steps you have mentioned in your initial post are part of the same blcok step. All the steps you have mentioned in BPM are o.k.

The deadline branch gets executed only if the block is not finished within the specified time interval( time specified for the deadline branch).

Also just have took at the transaction SWI2_DEAD.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I looked into the Transaction SWI2_DEAD and I dont see any listings there.

I am executing 1 Minute deadline Monitoring and from here firing an exception Branch, for my Asynchronous Scenario.

So definitely after a minute , the DeadLine Branch should have been fired. But it didnot take place.

In the mean time I have located an OSS notes OSS note 829921 And I am awaiting my Basis team to apply this note.

symptom

If the execution of an asynchronous method ends with a "system error" or "application error", the work item is not set to the 'ERROR' status.

Other terms

-

Reason and Prerequisites

This problem is caused by a program error.

Solution

Implement the correction instructions.

Note the following manual changes that must be implemented BEFORE you use SNOTE to implement the corrections:

1. Make sure that the SET_EXECUTION_INTERRUPTED method of the CL_SWF_RUN_RESULT class has the following parameters:

a) IM_CODE, Importing, Optional, Type SWO_RETURN, default Value 0000

b) IM_ERRORTYPE, Importing, Optional, Type SWO_ERRTYP, Default Value 0

Note the following manual changes, which you must carry out AFTER you have implemented the corrections:

1. The M_EXECUTION_INTERRUPTED attribute type of the CL_SWF_RUN_RESULT class must be changed to EXECUTION_INTERRUPTED.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any Suggestion Please. Really need your Helping Hands.

Thanks Friends.

Answers (0)