cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking Sales Orders. - Unchangeable

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the different ways to make the sales orders of particular type (say OR) to be locked after creating and preventing users from changing ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

one of the most easiest way to lock the changing of sales order is to block the authorization to VA02 transaction code to the user who you dont want to allow to change the order.

other way is to directly create subseqent documents, which would also not allow the user to change the sales order unless the next documents are deleted or reversed.

regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you give more details on "directly create subseqent documents, which would also not allow the user to change the sales order unless the next documents are deleted or reversed"

Because when the subsequent documents(deliveries) are created still the sales orders are changeable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

It depends on what fields you dont want the users to change in the sales order.

If that is your requirement, then you have a exit in program MV45AFZZ called USEREXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION.

This user exit can be used so that users cannot edit a particular field which already has some value.

Otherwise the other best option which i see is using authorizations for change mode.

Here you can restrict the user based on quite a few authorization objects for SD in transaction SU24 .

Otherwise the other best option which i can think of right out of my head is using status profile at the header, which means even if the user changes anything in the order, it has to be approved before allowing processing on any subsequent documents.

Let me know.

Reward points if useful.

Regards

Ravi