cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP/IP Connection. Pls advice urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

My client wants--

Switch (Non sap system) is an online system .

Switch (Non sap system) supports TCP/IP only.

XI can send to Non Sap system XML structure only.

He has given IP address and port of that Non Sap System.

Question.

1. I am not able to make TCP/IP Connection (Type T) if I

have only IP address and port of Non Sap System.

How to connect XI --- Switch (Non sap system) for TCP/IP.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rider,

As far as i know, XI RFC Adapter (Receiver) --> converting from xml format into RFC format so it will

send the data in rfc format into your non - sap system. that's way you need a programid because your non - sap system must be listen to you XI server using the same program id, than only you can comunicate each others. you cannot simply get program id like mahesh mention. that is different.

i believe in your case (common requirement for socket TCP / IP interfacing). your non-sap system is just

normal socket server that can process message in certain format. (in your case in xml format) but then

the xml format must be unique to this system (you must follow the format given by this non -sap system).

java proxy still the only way to do this integration, or you have to purchase special adapter from i-way for socket communication.

Thank you and Best Regards

Fernand

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rider,

go for t.code 'SLDCHECK".

which is used to check the SLD connection.

where u find the program-id,gateway service and gate-way host.

regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rider,

I as far i know (may be i am wrong), ABAP program cannot integrate to other system using TCP/IP socket communication. The only way is using java proxy. It is not hard to write the code for this java proxy.

Best Regards

Fernand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer

/people/saravanakumar.kuppusamy2/blog/2005/12/15/socket-integration-with-xi

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarup,

I want to avoid this blog as it requires Java Coding, Socket programming rtc.

Is there some other way like if my client wants TCP/IP connection and he has given me ip address and port.

1. How to make TCP/IP connection (Connection type T) in XI by using IP address and port so that connectivity can be made between XI and that system

2. Which adapter to use so that xml should reach at that system. Can HTTP receiver adapter be used for

RFC Dest (Connection type T)?

Pls advice some way as it is urgent

Thanks

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from Java Mapping, One more way to do this is the Java Proxy way. this link below has a demo, may be useful to you

https://media.sdn.sap.com/SDNTV/main.asp?mediaId=129

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Except this blog

is there any way to do my scenario which do not require java

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rider,

just ask your client to open the HTTP port for you and then you can use receiver HTTP adapter for communicating to Switch.......

or use the above link for JAVA mapping program.........i dont think there is any other option for you

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

If my client opens HTTP port still I will not be able to use

HTTP Receiver adapter for communication

Reason

In HTTP Receiver Adapter in address Type

you provide HTTP Destination (sm59 Conncetion Type G)

and you require URL address for it.

But my client wants TCP/IP Connection (sm59 Conncetion Type T) He has given me only IP address and Port.

Can I use TCP/IP Connection (sm59 Conncetion Type T)

in HTTP Receiver Adapter in address Type?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rider,

for creating HTTP destination, you require target host which is IP_ADDRESS, service number and path where the msg will go..

well, if your client wants TCP/IP conn to XI, then okay.

Can I use TCP/IP Connection (sm59 Conncetion Type T) in HTTP Receiver Adapter in address Type? - No, in HTTP recever adapter only HTTP destination of type G can be used.

i suggest you to use RFC receiver adapter for your case........choose RFC server type as External RFC server.......ask your client for the req data which is req in configuring RFC reciver adapter............for details of configuring RFC recever adapter, use the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/c8/e80440a832e369e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

generally ABAP components communicate with the TREX server by using a separate RFC destination of type TCP/IP Connection.

On the SAP NetWeaver Application Server of your Integration Engine, use transaction SM59 to create an RFC destination of type TCP/IP Connection.

Use the Visual Administrator of the J2EE Engine to configure the TREX service for each cluster server node as follows:

1. Select the TREX service and enter the TCP/IP connection data for the parameter nameserver.address.

2. Save your changes and restart the TREX service.

This may help you. Probably you need to go for Java Proxy for TCP/IP coneectivity with Non-SAP system

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All/Rajeev,

If I try to do with RFC Receiver Adapetr

Question

1. My Client wants xml structure to go to Non Sap System.

If I use RFC Receiver Adapter then my xml will be converted to

RFC fromat and then at Non sap system it will be RFC format and

not xml format. Am I corrcet ? If yes that I cannot use RFC adapter

2. "server type as External RFC server" -- I am not able to find this connection type.What is the connection Type in sm59?

3. If I use RFC Receiver Adapter pls let me know

a. RFC Server Type -- Do i need to select External RFC Server?

b. Application Server -- is it my Non Sap system ip address?

c. Application Server Service Gateway -- is it my Non Sap system

port?

d. Program Id -- Is this program Id will be my Connection that I will

make in Point 2.

e. System Number -- No Idea as that will be non sap system?

f. SNC Partner -- ? as it is Non sap system

g. Logon Ln --? as it is Non sap system

h. Logon Client - --? as it is Non sap system

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rider,

If I use RFC Receiver Adapter then my xml will be converted to RFC fromat and then at Non sap system it will be RFC format and not xml format. Am I corrcet ? - No, you are not correct...........RFC adapter will send your RFC data in XML format to your non-SAP system.

2. "server type as External RFC server" -- I am not able to find this connection type.What is the connection Type in sm59? - you do not need to create a SM59 conn to type T.........just go to ID and create a receiver RFC adapter.........here you will have the option of RFC server type..........here choose External RFC server..............and then ask your client about all the remaining data which is req for configuring RFC recever adatper in ID...........

Your 3rd question is answered above......choose RFC Server Type as External RFC server.......just keep in mind all the remaining data which is req for configuring RFC recever adatper in ID will be relating to your non-SAP system Switch..........

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajeev,

From where I will get Program Id in RFC Receoiver Adapter.

I will be availbel after 3 hours as I am going home.

Regards