cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings for transhipment scenario

abakshi
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to know the settings in SCM and ECC for configuring the transhipment scenario.

I am configuring a scenario in which my shipment will go from plant to customer via a single hub.

we have maintained a hub hierarchy. On the scm side we have created lanes between the plant and hub and also from hub to the customer. as of now SCM is creating two shipments on the basis of tlanes. what are the additional things to be configured

Looking forward to your suggestions.

regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is transhipment a one-off situation or a normal situation for some products? My understanding is that transhipment is usually done for slow moving items in the supply chain, and so the products under transipment may be distinct from the ones that goes through the hub.

Given this, you can always construct product specific transp lanes connecting two distinct nodes in your network.

If transhipment is done with standard shipment, then it may get little tricky. One would need to have priorities setup to help the solver relatively chose between shipment from hub or shipment from plant. These priorities are setup in T Lanes.

Not sure if the above helps. Try one more time if it doesnt.

Answers (0)