cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP get

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

here i am facing some problem regarding piking a file from FTP using FTP get.

As per the client talks we came to know that the folder is not in a shared mode . we need to get the file using FTP get command. can anybody faced the similar situation. please let me know any ideas.

As i followed the google in searching for FTP get. this "GET" is a command which gets a single file from the remote system.

One more problem is " Triggering the interface" . with out getting this file into XI we cant trigger this interface. this is my problem please any one hlp me.

Regards,

Ramana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member238007
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

As with the above discussion we have an other option to pick the files from the FTP directory..

that was using a batch file we can pick the files from the remote directory even though we didn't have a shared option but the problem faced was it may not delete the file from the source..

so check once by creating the batch file and give the path of the batch file in the Runtime Operating System command. but this option was present in the File Adapter, but u didn't describe about ur scenario, just check once it may help u in solving the problem

For multiple fetching of files use MGET instead of GET function.

regards

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

see your ftp folder will be in the ftp root directory...............you can create a sender file adapter with transport protocol FTP and give this ftp folder in source directory and give the ftp username and password...........then XI can directly fetch your file from your FTP server and then your interface will be triggered................

but if you want to create a FTP utility for some specific reason, then you can use MGET command to get multiple files from your FTP server to your XI server folder and then by configuring a sender file adapter with transport protocol file system(NFS), you can trigger your interface by getting your source file picked locally in XI server by your this sender file adapter.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Edited by: RAJEEV GUPTA on Mar 18, 2008 11:03 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

thanks for the answer. i got a little idea. Can you give me a detail description regarding how to configure the adapter where i have to use this Mget command. so that i can complete my task. it helps me a lot.please give me a detail description or any documnts if you have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

i think you did not got my point.............let me explain again..........see your ftp folder will be in the ftp root directory... ............... you have 2 options:

1.you can create a sender file adapter with transport protocol FTP and give this ftp folder in source directory and give the ftp username and password...........then XI can directly fetch your file from your FTP server by this sender file adapter and then your interface will be triggered................

2. if you want to create a FTP utility for some specific reason, then you can use MGET command to get multiple files from your FTP server to your XI server folder.........then you have FTPed your files from ftp server to XI server by this script utility wchich will be running on XI server as a scheduled OS job,,,,,,,, and then by configuring a sender file adapter with transport protocol file system(NFS), you can trigger your interface by getting your source file picked locally in XI server by your this sender file adapter.

for details regarding configuring sender file adapter, please see the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/frameset.htm

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

i got your point now. but for making XI to pick the files from the FTP folder..... the folder must be a shared folder. am i right . but here the folder is not in shared. how can an XI server pick the files from this folder. please guide me.

Thanks,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramana,

i think without sharing the folder also, XI can pick the file by sender file adapter using transport protocol FTP.............

so try configuring the sender file adapter for FTP with the corrent data...............then i think XI will pick your source file directly by file adapter even though your folder is not shared.........since your folder will be inside ftp root folder, so XI will be able to access it by the FTP username you will provide in sender file comm channel configuration in ID.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

helllo friends,,,,,

here i am still waiting for replies and ideas.

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please visit the thread

http://eai.ittoolbox.com/groups/technical-functional/tibco-l/ftpget-issue-279223

it will resolve your problem