Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking Repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how can we Lock Repository Explicitly,

Once the server mounted?

The basic requirement is that can we restrict user to accesss the repository once the Server is mounted on console.

If we want to create users for accessing repository in console so anyone cannot modify the repository schema, how do we manage that?

In Console I am able to see unlocking of repository option but there is no option for locking the same.

Can anyone help me how do we do that?

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Shruti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If we want to create users for accessing repository in console so anyone cannot modify the repository schema, how do we manage that?

In order to achieve this create a role under Roles table say Role1 while defining its previleges select Tables and Fields Tab .In this tab You can make the tables and fields read only so that users assigned to this role cannot modify the schema.(Note:you cannot modify the functionality of Admin Role)

Then in Users define users say user1,assign it to Role1,enter password.This User1 now cannot modify the schema .

Same can be done at record level in Function Tab under Roles Table while defining the role.

Reward points if helpful.

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

Thanks for ur quick response.

Suggestion which u have given will be applied to DataManager, but if i want that user should not access or update the table schema, then how would i create the user?

In console there is no login for repository. once u have acces to server u can access all d repository.But if i want to limit the access how do i do that ?

Where can i create user to limit the access to the repository schema??

Regards,

Shruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shruti,

Have you seen on the links provided by me. pls again see them.

*Schema*

*Import Schema*

*Export Schema*

*Add Table*

*Modify Table*

*Remove Table*

*Add Field*

*Modify Field*

*Remove Field*

*Add Schema Object*

*Remove Schema Object*

However if you want something like: A server have 10 repositories and you want to restrict a user to see only 2 or 3 or so on when he mount server. This is not possible in case of common mdm server in a network. you can only create a user with limited functionality on repository schema in his/her roles.

Use Admin User to create such roles and users.

Rewards if helpful.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Thanks for the reply..

But in MDM console I am not able to see the Administrative tab while creating the role for the user.

I am Using MDM 5.5 sp04 version.

Is this something related to the version.

Regards,

Shruti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. login to a repository with Admin user: Then see node Admin.

Now under Admin -->click on Roles > Add New Role> go to that role >click Functions tab>

Drag to bottom of functions and see Schema (2nd last Node).

-->Here you can modify the access to schema components click all to None.

2. Now create a user and assign this role to that user.

3. Login with new user and see whether you can do anything with schema of repository.

BR,

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

First of all when I mount server all the repositories are already avialable to change and access, so there is no login screen for repository.

And when I create a new Role, in the function tab I am able to see following list only.

Function

Records

Images

Hierarchies

Taxonomies

Families

Layouts

Publications

MDM Data Manager

Indexes

Consolidation and Distribution

I am not able to see Schema tab only.

Regards,

Shruti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a build problem because this functionality is implemented in SP05 and higher versions. Upgrade your server to SP05-06, then you will see those options.

New Features delivered with SP05 include:

-Improved MDM Console security

-Repository reconciliation (schema migration)

Please also see Note 1025897 - MDM 5.5 SP05 Release on Service Market place, your doubt will be clear.

Regards.

Alok

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

See page no 182 of console reference guide.

Now See this also:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/42/efb5ef46eb1aa2e10000000a422035/content.htm

If you want to restrict user for modifying schema: " dont provide that user relatiive schema functions in his/her role"

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdmgds55/helpdata/EN/42/e9a9ddda273ee7e10000000a1553f7/content.htm

BR,

Alok

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Mar 18, 2008 1:10 PM

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Mar 18, 2008 1:15 PM