cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB Instance Installation Error-frf-00063 RFC logon failed with message: Con

Former Member
0 Kudos

frf-00063 RFC logon failed with message: Connect to SAP gateway failedConnect_PM GWHOST=sapsrt01, GWSER=sapgw00, ASHOST=sapsrt01, SYSNR=00..

Can somebody suggest way out to this ?

Thanks

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I resolved it myself .

Thanks for all the answers .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got the same error. after going throught the forum, i couldn't really find the answer. When i did retry it actually worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I am also having the same problem. What exactly file system owner ship problem menas. Can u explain what are the steps i need to take care?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sanket

I tried all these before hands only . all the passwords and thought of reseting the password using SQL also but it is not wise to do that.

Have you faced this problem ever ? even a second time installation after clearing everything on the same machine gets stuck there !!

Any other suggestions

Rahul

Message was edited by: Rahul Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Problem solved ( File system owner problem)

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u please explain how it got solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am also having the same problem.Pls tell me what is the file system owner problem.How did u resolve that issue.

Roshantha

Former Member
0 Kudos

HAI

Igot the same Problem and its resolved .

Step.1: Stop the installation .

Step.2: go to Manage--> Users --> Select SIDADM user give him all the permiossions .

Step.3: Save

Step.4: Now take restart of your system

Step.5: Start Installation.

If u still get that problem

Step.6: Open your MMC Console and see if it is started or not .

If it is not started start it and press retry in your Installation then it will continue and ask you to change DDIC and SAP* passwords .

<b>Note :</b> if you cannot open your MMC Consoule got to c:\WINDOWS\ there you will find SAPMMC.1.MSC and SAPMMC.MSC .

right click on SAPMMC.MSC and create a shortcut of this on your desktop and got to your desktop and open this shortcut of SAPMMC.MSC this will open now continue from Step.6

Hope your problem is resolved

Bhupesh Akkineni

Former Member
0 Kudos

While installing the DB Instance I am getting this error in the last stages .

frf-00063 RFC logon failed with message: Connect to SAP gateway failedConnect_PM GWHOST=XXX, GWSER=XXX00, ASHOST=XXX, SYSNR=00..

Retry asks me the password for DDIC / SAP* (000) which is not getting accepted .

Please can anybody suggest something to solve this ?

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try connect to the SAP system directly using your sapgui with the connection info mentioned above. See if you get a logon screen. It is possible SAP may not be up.

Some times SAPINST asks you to set a password during the install. Use that password. Else try 19920706 for DDIC, 06071992 / pass for SAP*.

Worst case you can delete the user SAP* from the database by deleting the entry for client 000 from table USR02. Then you can logon as SAP*/ pass. However since you are in the middle of an install, I would not recommend this approach.

Hope this helps,

Sanket