Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a role zexample which has many users assigned to it.

But i want to give a transaction to a specific user in that role. Is there any way that i can give the tcode to that user without creating a new role??

Tonmoy Bhaumik

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No

I'm sorry there's nothing more to say about that There's no way to restrict within roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

afaik, it can't be done.

simply create he new role or copy from another one, and assign it to specific user.

rgds,

alfonsus guritno

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a coding technique which can be used, and in some special cases it is justified to ensure that a specific user only can run the code (though this is debatable) and in some cases that specific users cannot be used to run the code, regardless of the role.

However such techniques create overhead of maintenance of the code or tables used by the code.

I would recommend avoiding them, in favour of an authorization object which has a field which can control whether a use can or cannot use that transaction, or a feature of it.

Kind regards,

Julius

0 Kudos

>

> There is a coding technique which can be used

Shame on you for invoking SY-UNAME

Former Member
0 Kudos

NO