cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug the dunning run in FI-CA (transaction FPVA)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We want to make changes in event 300 for the dunning run and need to debug the run to make sure it works properly. We have difficulties debugging this since the dunning run is a background job. We have put a wait in the code and tried to use transaction SM50 to go into debugging mode but nothing happens.

Your help is highly appreciated. Best regards,

Fredrik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

While in FPVA, before starting the run, enter "DBUG" as transaction code. (works with all mass-processing transactions)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Save the below code in txt file

[FUNCTION]

Command=/H

Title=Debugger

Type=SystemCommand

Then pull the file into SAP screen where you want to debug.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Rajendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent! Many thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RonnyF
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

with transaction dbug you have the possibility to debug in the foreground. But sometimes it is required to debug the background task because the error only appears in a job and not in the debugging mode. In this case schedule the job for tomorrow and afterwards start transaction sm37. There you have to mark the relevant job and to insert the transaction jdbg for "Job Debugging". Then you'll debug the background (sy-batch is set). Sometimes a breakpoint in function module BAL_OBJECT_SUBOBJECT_CHECK is required because the import parameter I_SUBOBJECT isn't set correctly. In table BALSUB you'll find the correct one. I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Ronny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for clarity I would write "mark the relevant job and enter JDBG in the OK-code field for "Job Debugging"".

A huge thank you, Ronny!