cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product planning on resource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have following problem of product planning on resource.

Resource is having capacity of 10 hrs. Perday five products are planned on this resource i.e. lead time of prodcut is 2 hrs.

Now suppose out of five products, three products are not having any demand & remaining two products are having high demand, then product planning takes place as per available capacity of resource i.e. two or three batches of remaining two products per day.

My requirement is event though sufficient resource capacity is available, per day only one batch one product should get planned on that resource. It should not plan one product twice or trice in one day.

so is it possible to do such setting

Regards,

Chetan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

So just to get this straight, you want to make a product only if there is demand and then to only run for the two hours irrespective of the demand (e.g. a set Lot Size). If there is non-demand for another product then the resource is under-utilised for that day?

If so, have you looked into Block Planning (PP/DS), whereby you can set aside a period of time of a resource to manufacture a product with a given Characteristic (so each of your five products gets a different value for this characteristic). Now you only have a set time in the day to manufacture a product, an order will only get raised if there is a demand for the product and if this product has a Lot Size of two hours then any demand will generate a block production of two hours only once in the day.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ian,

Thanks for your prompt reply, I will try & let you know the results

Regards,

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ian,

Presently we are working with SNP CTM, so kindly provide some guideline & how to proceed to work with Block planning.

Regards,

Chetan

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos