cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding configuration cycle for sales order linking with project systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Sap professionals,

i have a scenario like engineer to order. where i manufacture PC's for my customer as per their request.

Some may order AMD's and some Intel processor etc... now how i should start linking everything a brief idea if any can tell it will be helpful...

with regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your request.

I will take u through one example to clarify u.

If you got a make to order for PC 100 as single line item. In them U got 50 for Intel processor and 50 for AMD processors then if you want to link this to PS. That time you need to assign WBS element of your project to Sales order line item level in Account assignement tabage. Then it will carry total order processing through Project system. As soon as you assign WBS element to Order line item then automatically it careates Project in PS through Assembly processing.

Come to Project in PS, there you need to create two WBS elements one for AMD processors and The other one for Intel processors. Then go on completing the project and post the cost to each WBS element like AMD as well as Intel. So that you can get clear Cost posting data to each one processor separately.

More over you need to config Material mater dat requirement type as Assembling processing to trigger automatic Project creation in PS.

Please feel free to ask for any help.

Regards

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go ahead with creating a project in PS for your Make to order. Here you can like SD order to PS in two ways.

One is If want to assign entire sales order to PS then You need to assign WBS element to that sales order header level. Then entire Order processing and cost posting will happen in PS.

The other one is If your Make to order contains two different items then you can create two different projects in PS by assigning two different Project def or WBS elements to two different items in item level.

Apart from that you need to do Materil configuratin like MRP, Requirement fields as per Make to order.

Regards

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create two types of bill of materials one is for AMD processor, one is for Intel processor and its components with the sub items pricing if suppose the customer doesn't require some material you can remove the material with the pricing. i believe i would solve your purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u enlighten me more on what you have specified i feel it could solve my issue..please can u explain in detail

with regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In make-to-order production with cost management using a project, all costs and revenues relating to the make-to-order item are collected and allocated to a project in the SAP Project System. The costs are allocated to profitability analysis.

Prerequisites

Make-to-order production is controlled by the requirements type. The requirements type is determined on the basis of the MRP group and the strategy group in the material master record.

Up to Release 3.0, the requirements type is determined on the basis of the item category. For this reason, special item categories are used up to Release 3.0 for controlling make-to-order production. To carry out make-to-order production for a material with cost management using the project, you must maintain the following fields in the material master:

MRP 1

MRP Group

MRP 2

Strategy Group

Screen

Field

In addition, a plant must be assigned for make-to-order items in the sales order.

for detailed set up please refere the foll link:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/dd/5600b1545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

regards,

Siddharth.