cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

splitting of idocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to split one incoming idocin XI into 3 outgoing idocs via XI going to 3 different r/3 recievers.

What will be the various changes that have to be done.Plz explain in detail?

Also for an incomplete idoc which i have recieved at r/3 , how cand what changes can be done and where to view the complete idoc.

Where exactly do i see the exact contents of the idoc at r/3

Plz answer both my questions

Thanx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the higest level segment, you can define maximum number of segments in the IDOC type defintion WE30. If the data is more than the maximum number, SAP splits the IDOC

you can check out the link below:

/people/sudharshan.aravamudan/blog/2005/12/01/illustration-of-multi-mapping-and-message-split-using-bpm-in-sap-exchange-infrastructure

Regards,

Sushama

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check the link

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

note:reward points if solution found helpfull.....

regards

chandrakanth.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

You can split one incoming idoc into multiple IDoc using multi mapping.Let me outline the same to you.

Your source message will be the incoming IDOC and your target would be the three different idoc's.You can select the three messages by going into the Messages tab and add the three messages.You structure would look like below:

IDOC.1

Incoming IDOC----

>IDOC.2

IDOC.3

Your ibjects in IR are: Four idoc's,four message interfaces(which you use the idoc here),one message mapping and one interface mapping.

Now coming to ID:

Here you need to create three receiver communication channels(idoc receiver with the respective RFC Destinations).

Than the receiver agreements would be three(one for each target idoc type) and three receiver detremination and three interface determinations.

And what do you exactly mean by an "incomplete idoc".Are you talking about posting the idoc data to tables.If "yes" than you need to handle that in the process code.

Thanks,

Bhragav.

Note:Award points if found useful.

Edited by: Bhargav Srinadh Gundabolu on Mar 18, 2008 7:20 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhargav,

Are you sure you can use multi mapping for splitting a single IDOC to multiple IDOCs? Please do not give wrong ideas.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here as per your requirment you need to split the IDOC and have to send it to three different Receivers. Thus I believe you need 3 seperate interface mappings for these three receivers.

You need to use BPM for this kind of IDOC splitting.

Thanks

Swarup

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 options.

1. You need to use a BPM for splitting an IDOC into 3 different IDOCs.

Steps in the BPM will be

- Receive (get the source IDOC)

- Transformation (split the IDOC into 3 idocs)

- 3 send steps one each for the target IDOC. (You can use a fork step with 3 branches and send the 3 IDOCS parallely)

2. Use 3 different Interface mappings. Each interface will have its own Message mapping.

Each message mapping will have one source and one target IDOC.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

I think IDOC splitting at the receiver end is not possible because, all the message which are splitted based on condition,they are combined together in the INTEGRATION ENGINE,AND when these messages when sent to the ADAPTER ENGINE as a bulk,there actual splitting occurs,where in your case IDOC splitting must happen at ADAPTER ENGINE level but idocs are not part of the adapter engine,so no question splitting idocs at the receiver end...

if any thing is wrong pls correct me

note:reward points if solution found helpfull.....

regards

chandrakanth.k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by Spliting the IDOC??

if my understanding is correct,

You want to send the incoming IDOC to 3 different Receivers means , u can achieve this by using the condition in receiver determination.

Place the condition on one field of IDOC and determine the receivers based on the field value

REgards

Seshagiri