cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert .csv-attachments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I would like to convert a .csv-file which is received as an email-attachment. The problem is that the .csv-file is not recognized as I am not able to define the structure of the .csv-file. At the moment it is converted to one long string with all fields which can not be used for further processing.

If I transmit the attachment via FTP it is no problem as I have the possibility to use "file content conversion" as message protocol in the file adapter.

Does anyone know if there is a possibility of file content conversion while using the mail adapter?

Regards

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

You can apply a standard adapter module doing the conversion. There is a HowTo-guide explaining it for the JMS adapter. For the Mail adapter it should work the same way.

Best regards

Joachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

thank you very much for your answer.

On page 3 of the Howto-guide for JMS adapter i found the "Module Sequence in the Sender Channel". I only used the line with "Plain2XML" and set all parameter values from page 4. The last line (xml.fieldFixedLengths) was changed to xml.fieldSeparator with parameter value ";" as a CSV file should be converted.

During the test the adapter received the email with the attachment and I received the following feedback from the mail adapter:

<b>running: [2005-11-09T15:22:52Z] 1 new messages found among 1 messages in total; processing message 1... done; action completed</b>

I think that the conversion was done successfully but I can`t find the message in the RWB.

Do you know where to find the converted message?

Best regards

Chris