cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spool Consistency Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing spool consistency error messages in SM21. Later we found that there are no spool consistency jobs running in our system. Of late, I have started running RSTS0020 three times daily with an interval of one hour between each run. Whatever object I find repeating in all the three runs, I delete only those.

I am trying to automate this process. What job do I schedule to perform the same task. One more question that haunts me is, even if I schedule a report to run at midnight every day, how can I delete the inconsistent object shown in the report, automatically. And don't I need to schedule the job three times with an interval of one hour between each job schedule? I am not sure how do I go about this. I am confused. Please help.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You can schedule one job in SM36 as TEMSECONSISTENCY and give report

In our Environment we are running this Weekly once only that is on Sunday only.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh kumar v

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

could you share with us the solution?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for responding. If you had read my question correctly, I am also doing the same. I am running RSTS0020 in SE38 which, is the same as SP12 consistency check because, SP12 consistency check runs RSTS0020 in the background. But, my question was different. Here is my question again.

As per note 48400, you have to run RSTS0020 three times with an interval of one hour each. So, currently I am running this manually and at the end of every run, you get the output of inconsistent objects. What I do is, I take a screenshot of all the three runs then compare them. I select the check boxes and delete only those objects that has been repeated in all the three runs.

I know we can run RSTS0020 in the background but, I don't know how can I perform the later part of the above task. I mean when I execute RSTS0020 in the background, how can I delete the inconsistent objects? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After the report run just select object to delete and "click on selected objects" or click on "delete all"

I don't think you can create a variant for this particular report.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure if the standard jobs are running in your system (SM36 -> Standard jobs). If the std jobs are running, then the job SAP_REORG_SPOOL (program:RSPO0041) has to cleanup your spool regulary.

Regards,

Mathan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mathan,

Thank you for the response. It does run every midnight at 12:30.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute SP12 - Temse -> Consisteny Check

Repeat this check till its '0' consistent.

Cheers

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If spool consistency errors in sm21 then goto TC sp12 -> From Menu select "Temse datastorage" -> select option "consistency check".

This process runs from 10 min to half an hour depends on the error list. It will show all the spool error list.

Select all the check boxes and press delete.

Again follow the same step from menu "temse datastorage"->"consistency check"

Until you get : Nothing found.

Regards,

Raghu

Edited by: Raghavendra Ambati on Mar 18, 2008 7:01 AM