cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvals in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to make the approvals process sequential with multiple approvers?

For example, get approved by a Product Manager before being passed to a VP for final approval to avoid putting unnecessary approvals in front of senior people (as they may get rejected by the Product manager).

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The approval process can be solved through User status profile, based on the hierarchy of the organization, we can create userstatuses and each will be autorized to particular person. And also we can create a workflow to the next person, when that person changes the status.

rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puttasiddappa,

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kitty,

only a phase can be approved.

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

What if I set up a workflow to catch the task status change? When a task is changing to complete, a workflow will be trigger to perform the approval process. Is it workable? Can the task's status be change to "In process" if the task is rejected during the workflow process?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to make the approvals process on the task level?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes approval is a sequential process - you need to create more than one approver for the phase, naturally.

Each approver must give their approval before the phase can be completed. The VP needs the authorisation to set the final Grant in the process as the confirmation that all other approvers have granted. In the 'help' this step is normally performed by the project manager to confirm all approvals have been done.

Cheers,

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

I understand that each approver needs to give their approval before final approval may be granted. However, each approver receives the email as soon as the approval process starts, instead of the VP getting the email only when the Product Manager has approved it.

I've subsequently found out that it is a standard workflow process behind the approval mechanism, so I believe that we can amend the workflow to operate in the required manner (although haven't tried it yet).