cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing an iView automatically after deploying onto the Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

My Scenario is i have developed an interface in WebDynpro which connects a SAP system with a NonSAP system using Webservices

That webdynpro application is already deployed on the Server, now i want to refresh (Ex: executes BAPI to fetch the updated records ) the view every 5 seconds with out any user interaction, the user doesnt know that there is a view and logic which will fetch the updated records from webservices to SAP and vice versa

I am using a timed trigger for which i set the delay property to 5 , but my doubt is, will it be under execution even after deployed on the server , is there any other way to acheive my requirement,

Is Guided Procedure is an alternative?

Suggest me .

Thanks and Regards

Chaitanya.A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

TimedTrigger event happens as much time as your application is active i.e. until the user closes the apllication. But remember it refreshes entire view.

regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva

Thank you for the quick response

TimedTrigger event happens as much time as your application is active

i deployed my application on server, how to make it active forever,is there any configuration to be done.

as there is no specific iView created for my application,

Best Regards

Chaitanya.A

former_member197348
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya,

You can set your application expiration time in application properties but as for as I know it is only for that session.

Right Click on Application-> Edit

Go to Application properties tab

Click on New

Select Type Predefined

Click on Browse

Select Expiration Time

Set value to XXX sec.

how to make it active forever?

If you want the application run whenever your server is running, I am not sure but heard some settings are possible in Visual Admin to start the application automatically and there also you can set expiration time.

Regards,

Siva

Answers (0)