Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S_RS_COMP - Auth Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

I restricted power users on a particular Infoarea, so that they should be able to create the Queries on set of Financial Infocubes with the following S_RS_COMP values:

Activity: All activies

Infoarea: ZFINAREA

INFOCUBE: *

Name(ID); Z*

Type of rep comp:ALL VALUES

I tried testing this role by creating a query on of the FIN Cube under this Infoarea, when I executed this query I am getting error "You require authorization for authorization object - DW Wrk bench- infocube with infoare 'ZFINAREA' infocube sub-object 'DEFINITION' and 'Activity '23'

My main objective is to restrict power users not to do any Modelling work. So how can I overcome this error? can one some one suggest me better way of doing this??

Thanks,

KK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need S_RS_IOBJ unless you are working with infoobjects as far I know. I believe you are working on creating a query on a particular infoprovider.

You would need

S_RS_COMP

S_RS_COMP1

S_RS_ICUBE

S_RS_ODS

S_RS_MPRO(for Multi-providers)

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are missing S_RS_ICUBE in your role.

0 Kudos

Keerthi, Thank you for your resp. I wanted to restrict the user not to change anything on the Infocube so I will be giving following values for S_RS_ICUBE auth object? let me see if this works..?

Activity: 03

Infosub-object : Definition

Infoarea: ZFIN*

Infocube: *

I do not want to give Activity: 23 for S_RS_IOBJ? how can I resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need S_RS_IOBJ unless you are working with infoobjects as far I know. I believe you are working on creating a query on a particular infoprovider.

You would need

S_RS_COMP

S_RS_COMP1

S_RS_ICUBE

S_RS_ODS

S_RS_MPRO(for Multi-providers)

0 Kudos

Keerthi, I was able resolve this issue but I added S_RS_IOBJ since some of the infoobject are Auth Relevant..

Thanks,

KK