cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is sales order BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

What is sales order BOM? and if i want to change the cost (component) in sales order, possilbe?

pls advice

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear jo jo

BOM is classified into two types. One is Production BOM and another one is sales BOM.

Assume that you are selling a ball point pen and your production BOM will be

a) plastic body

b) metal ball

c) refill

d) top cover

Assume that for some markets you would like to sell without top cover. So in this case, you can create a sales BOM in CS01 with first three parts cited above.

Hope this will give you a clarify on what is production BOM and sales BOM.

With regard to changing selling price in sale order, it is possible, provided the condition type in V/06 is maintained for "Manual entry has priority".

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if i using sales BOM, then the production BOM will not be taken?

also is the Sales BOM displayed in sales order? can i change the cost in sales BOM for each component?

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you create a BOM material with BOM usage 5 (SD) all of the items in bill of material will be flagged as relevant to sales.

I don't know why you want BOM production to be taken.

Why do you want to change cost in sales order? Do you mean you want to change price of item?

System automatically determines prices of this bill of materials.

If you want, you could change price of this items manually in sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as i am not familiar sales and production BOM. If i using sales order BOM, this sales order BOM will be displayed in MRP also? Actually my question is below

would like to create quotation based on component, like finish product A, with component B and C. However, we have to input the estimated cost for B and C . and then calculated product A.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A Bill-of-Material consists of individual components together create a product. Take the example of a computer, you have the components like CPU, key board, mouse, monitor ..etc.. collectively makes the porduct computer. You can create BOMs with respect to Sales and distribution, Production, Plant Maintenance... etc...

When you enter the material number of a bill of materials that is relevant for sales order processing, the system displays the material that describes the whole bill of materials as a main item (computer). The individual components (CPU, key board, mouse, monitor ..etc.. )are displayed as lower-level items.

You can have BOMs at header level (main item level) and at component level.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

BOM is bill of material or explosion of the material.

This is used in configurable materials or in bundles where in you do pricing, MRP etc at components level. But the order is placed by custoemr for parent material. The pricing cane be done at component level by maintaining the condition records for the items.

Reward if helpful

Kind Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos