Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re release a transport to a different project

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've released a certain transport to project X.

Is there someway to release the same transport to project Y ?

The changes are the same, however want to send it to different client landscape.

Thanks

Prashanth

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i'm not clear whether your two system is connected in STMS or not, but here I assume that two system is running independently.

steps :

-everytime you release a transport request, it will create a specific file under /sap/trans/data and /sap/trans/cofiles commonly named Rxxxx and Kxxxx.

-ftp this two file to the destination server (another project as you said)

-in the destination server, change this files ownerships to <sap>adm if necessary

-navigate to the transport directory, eg. /sap/trans/bin

-using old method of transport script (command) : tp addtobuffer and tp import to import your request to the client.

in the destination server (you call it as new/ another project) you goto STMS,

extras > other request > add > insert transport request number you wish to import

rgds,

alfonsus guritno

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Yes we have a common dev systems in a dual system landscap. So based on the project you chose for your transports in Dev it'd go to the corresponding Q & P clients.

My case: I have a role change common across all systems/clients.

I understand you cannot add 2 projects to my transport. So can I release the transport to landscape 1 & use the same released transport to send it to landscape2 ?

Is this possible or should I create a new & unique transport for landscape 2 ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

let me cleared : is your landscape 1 and landscape 2 connected (STMS > overview > transport routes)

if yes, once you create a transport request, say in landscape 1, the you are able to transport it to landscape 2 using STMS (with the same transport request number)

case 2 : if landscape 1 and landscape 2 is independent eg. you create a testing system that you don't want to be attached/connected to your live system, but you want to transport certain request to this server, you may follow step by step i've described in previous post.

rgds,

alfonsus guritno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Everytime you release a transport request, it will create a specific file under /sap/trans/data and /sap/trans/cofiles commonly named Rxxxx and Kxxxx.

FTP the Datafile and the Cofile of the Requestor phycially copy them to the same location in the Y project and import it in Y project in STMS - > Import ->Other Request

Cheers

Shaji

Edited by: Shaji Jacob on Mar 18, 2008 6:56 AM

0 Kudos

hi Shinji,

no need to repost something that is the same as what I have explained clearly above.

thanks,

alfonsus guritno.