Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing auth group of a SAP standard Table

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was wondering if someone could advise what the implications are if I changed the auth group of a SAP standard table (PA0033).

Does it affect programs behind the scenes, support packs, upgrades?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can modify the standard table, but when you apply Support packages if it detects this particular table, it will stop for SPDD activities and you need to retain the change again in orelse you will end up losing your Data.

Cheers

shaji

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you can change what ever you like, it is only used for S_TABU_DIS in Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you can modify the standard table, but when you apply Support packages if it detects this particular table, it will stop for SPDD activities and you need to retain the change again in orelse you will end up losing your Data.

Cheers

shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not aware of any reason why an authorization group on a SAP standard table should not be changed.

I have also seen this done for specific infotypes without any problems.

See the documentation on transaction SUCU and SE54, and SAP notes and some of the discussions here on them.

Kind regards,

Julius