cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP API - performance issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am new to MDM API. My scenario is that i have an XML file which gives me the list of ShipTo-BillTo partners(name and address only) for a SoldTo(number avlbl).

I query for all the sales-area of the SoldTo and assign the ShipTo/BillTo with simillar name+address as partner function to it.

So in a LoopAt for each soldto, i upate the partner functions for it.

The program seems to work very well with smal XML files(upto 5kb, say like 10 customers). For bigger files (200KB) the program abend with times-out error.

Appreciate any help in this regard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BRamchan,

From what you have described , I think you are well ahead in use of MDM APIs. The information you have provided below is not enough for understanding where the issue is. If you do not have any issues, if you could send a copy of your code - ( deleteing any confidential/ intellectual property related stuff ) , i can try to simulate the same code and see what kind of issues arise. If you think it is possible ,please send me the code at krishnamurthy.siva@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Siva K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed, the given information is not very rich.

General things regarding ABAP API and performance:

- try to use the create/retrieve bulk methods for mass data

- connect only once to the repository

- for longer lasting processes (spending > 30 seconds in one MDM call) a kernel parameter has to be changed due to timeout issues:

Kernel Parameter name: mdm/network_timeout (can be switched in transaction RZ11 to a value bigger than 30 seconds)

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did making the changes as suggested resolve the issue?

Regards

Doreen