cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xMII v12 - how do we view Transactions, Query and Display templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

We migrated from v11.5 to v12. The irpt's are located on the AIX file structure (servlet_jsp/XMII/root/CM). From what I have read, the Transactions and Query/Display Templates are now located in the NetWeaver Database? How do we go about viewing the code, including the date/time and size of files? Especially interested in viewing the file name, date/time and size of the files in a list format so we can quickly determine if the proper code is in place on each server.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jeremy, I just exported both the Catalog (transactions, display and query templates) and Web (irpts, javascript, stylesheets) to a share drive. The date/time is the creation date/time (export date/time) which does not help with determining which files actually were changed in the xMII v12 environment. Any ideas?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use the Project Administration screen from the Menu and export the entire project and save the zip file to disk. You should find in the zip file the last modified dates on all of the content objects. Saving files to disk will always get a fresh date, but in this case the project zip file gets the fresh dates and the project components within will give you the 'what has changed recently' view you desire.

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any idea what is database/table name? Is there a page available in NetWeaver to make queries on the database?

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hitting the NW DB tables directly is not recommended. You are entirely insulated from the underlying DB by the configuration pages and Workbench. The beauty is that the application will work the same for all of the NW supported OS / DB cominations.

I will give you a hint though....all of the DB tables start with an XMII_ prefix

Regards,

Jeremy

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are in the Workbench you should be able to open a given file (web or catalog) and see object level properties on the lower left hand corner.

For the whole project I would recommend exporting the project archive and then you can use WinRAR or Winzip to see the file sizes and dates. This also makes a good backup file.

Also for clarification, the web pages really exist in the database, and get blown out to disk for runtime use. Any changes to the irpts on the file system will not be persistent and will inevitably be overwritten.

Regards,

Jeremy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeremy,

The mystery of viewing the templates and transactions is solved , now its clear that query templates,display templates are stored in data base .This database is SQL server 2005 .Can I use this database to create my customized tables used for project purpose . Is there any specific configuration to hit this database or the same way as done for SQL server i.e install the drivers and have connection string

Thanks & Regards

Namita