cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Agent fails to start only in Central Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am configuring system monitoring and auto-reaction alerts in the solution manager. I am going through multiple problems and let me explain them below. I would really appreciate any help by rewarding proper points.

1. We have 6 application servers and Central Instance for R/3, 2 application servers and a central instance for stand alone WAS, 2 app servers and one central instance in CRM landscape. I have installed CCMS4X in all the application servers and central instances. All of the agents reigstered successfully and started as a service but, only in the central instance, during installation, it would say the agent is registered successfully but, when it wouldn't start under services. When I start the service manually, it would start and stop immediately. I double checked the user credentials and they are correct. I logged in to the CEN and under RZ20 --> Technical Infrastructure --> Display Topology --> Agent for SAP System SMR --> Agent for Remote Systems, I see the agents registered and ONLINE for all the application servers but they are shown as SHUTDOWN only for the Central Instances of all the satellite systems. When I select one of the remote central instances and do TEST CONNECTION, it gets errored out saying 'Error when Opening RFC Connection'.

2. Here is my second problem. I had auto alerts configured for all my satellite systems. I have been receiving email alerts for all the app servers except the above mentioned satellite central instances. All of a sudden, I have stopped receive alert emails for all the servers that I have been receiving before. The Central dispatcher job is running, the agents are showing online status in CEN. I have no idea what else could be the problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem has been resolved by myself.