cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EarlyWatch Alert is not active

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have different solutions for our different landscapes (CRM, ERP, HR, etc.). Because we consolidated our solutions-stucture we decided to deactive the Early-Watch-Alert in one solution (name: 'solution1') for our CRM-development-system. The system (crm-development) is still integrated in another solution, and in this solution (name: "right-solution") the Early-Watch-Alert is activated. So, we want only 1 Early-Watch-Alert per system. That is the reason we deactived the EWA in 'solution1'-EWA-administration (opened 'solution1' -> settings -> Solution Monitoring -> EarlyWatch Alert).

But now we get in the 'Self-Diagnoses' a red message:

1. Type -> 'very critical function' and 'very critical solutions'

2. 'Functionality' -> Service Level Reporting

3. 'Function Group' -> 'Solution Monitoring'

4. 'Solution' -> 'solution1'

5. 'Message Text' -> 'EarlyWatch Alert for this solution is not active'

This message/information is right - I know it, but how can I switch-off this message? - I am aware of deactivating the EWA for 'solution1', and it is OK.

Thanks

Maik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maik,

First simple question:

Is "Service Level Reporting" active in "solution1"?

This would explain the error in Self-Diagnosis, as SL Reporting based on EWA data.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger,

Yes, the "Service Level Reporting" is active. - Can see the schedule, and the 'Service-Level-Report" is even planned.

Solution Manager is the newest landscape we have, and still not so much experience. So - big SORRY:

1. Were can I configure the "Service-Level-Reporting"?

2. Is it possible to exclude only EWA from SLR?

Thanks!

Maik

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maik,

usually, the Service Level Reporting (SLR) should be configured in the Landscape with activated EWA.

Service Level Reporting will even work in a Landscape without EarlyWatch Alert, because it just uses any suitable EWA report for specified system. This explain, why you will still receive SLR Reports, but Self-Diagnosis reports is an error.

> 1. Were can I configure the "Service-Level-Reporting"?

You find the SLR Configuration at: DSWP, Select Landscape, Operations Setup -> Solution Monitoring -> Service Level Reporting.

To deactivate the already scheduling SLR in "Solution1", you need to go the SLR Setup and enter the setup. Delete the defined Report Type (is explained in the description).

> 2. Is it possible to exclude only EWA from SLR?

Probably, I do not understand this question. All data which are reported in SLR are read from processed EWA reports, except data from CPH (Central Performance History, CCMSPING) and Business Process Monitoring.

I would recommend to setup SLR in the landscape with activated EWA. You will get rid off the error message in Self-Diagnosis and you have defined a "Recommended Setup".

Best regards,

Ruediger

P.S.: No BIG sorry required, asking questions is the purpose of this forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger,

Thank you for your quick answer, and your recommendation. I understand the idea behind this concept.

I deactivated the SLR for our 'solution1' - it's not necessary for this solution. So, the message do not appear any longer in the self-diagnosis.

Thanks, and still nice evening!

Cheers,

Maik

Answers (0)