cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Jar Files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My company has designed a HTTP ContentServer which we would like to run as a Servlet on the J2EE engine. We have certain Jar files and class files. Can anyone please tell me how can I Deploy them on using NWDS.

Thankz

Yogi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

Thankz u 4 the details i really appreciate it.

I have 1 more query. I have not created any project as such when implementing our contentserver as servlet on Jigsaw server.But what i have is just some jar files(as contentserver class)and some other class files which i also require.

Can I convert them as par files and later import them into to newly created project in NWDS(can u also tell me wht kind of project should i use)

Thankz again 4 u time

Yogi.

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogi,

Dear par means Portal Archives. This is meant for Portal Projects. So you can create a par from your code by creating a new Portal Project.

<b>>>Can I convert them as par files and later import them into to newly created project in NWDS</b>

Ans: As I have told you Yes you can convert to par file. But you have create a new project and import the Jar files as I have mentioned above into this newly created project. Now whenever you deploy this portal Project this will be deployed as a par.

<b>>>Can u also tell me wht kind of project should i use</b>

Ans: It just depends on you. You can use any of the project. J2EE Project as well as Portal Project. If you are using only the servlets and jsp its better to go for J2EE project. Else if you want to use the features of HTMLB, rather portal features you must use Portal Project.

I hope this helps you!!

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please reward points for helpful answer.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

I m not able to deploy my project!!

it says deployment aborted.

ERROR[001]

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

But I am able to log into the sdm using the password SDM.

Do you have any idea!!

Yogi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pravesh,

Many Thanks, i just now have some problem with my J2EE server configuration.

Yogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

I m using a library project to deploy is that the right one.

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogi,

If you have made a project that was running at Jigsaw Server and you want to import that application to NWDS then you have to do few changes:

1) Create a <b>web-j2ee-engine</b> in the imported project. This file is specific to NWDS J2EE Projects. So you have to create this file. Contents of this file will be:

<i><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE web-j2ee-engine SYSTEM 'web-j2ee-engine.dtd'>

<web-j2ee-engine /></i>

2) There will be a web.xml file which you dont have to change. It will remain as it is.

3) Now create a <b>Enterprise Application Project</b> for the application you have imported. After that Buid a web Archive. When you will create a web Archive a <b>.ea</b>r file will be generated you have to deploy this file to the J2EE server.

I hope it Helps you now!!

Regards

Pravesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh Thnkz again,

As I told you our content server has been built using few class files which are compressed in a jar file.We were successfull running our contentserver as a servlet using W3C Jigsaw server. But now we want to run our CS on J2EE Engine(SAP WAS 6.40).So cud to tell me how can I proceed with the above information

Thnkz

Yogi

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogi,

For including the external Jars in NWDS follow the path in NWDS.

<b>Project -> Properties -> Java Build Path -> Libraries -> Add External Jars</b>. Browse the location of the Jars.

Then click OK. The corresponding jars will be included in the project.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please consider rewarding points for helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravesh,

Thanks.. But how do I deploy these files in the J2EE Engine, so that it can run as a servlet.

Yogi.

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogi,

Once you will include through external Jars and deploy it it is automatically deployed to the J2EE server.

In which project you are working with. If you are working for servlets then you need to create a Web Archive and then deploy to J2EE engine. Once it ghet deployed you can run the servlet.

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please consider rewarding points!!