cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical System is not in the list of CentralSystem(CUA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create Central User Administration (CUA) in my landscape.

CentralSystem:-

I was created one client 007 with user name CUA_ADM as Administrator and i have been defined a logicalsystem and assigned to it and created RFC connecitons to clients in childsystem.

ChildSystems:-

In this way in child systems also created users, RFC connections and define logicalsystem and assigned to clients.

1) My problem is i am trying to use transaction SCUA in that these logical system of child system is not available.

2) The logical system that is assigned for local clients is available after choosing those logicalsystems it giving error message like cannot reach system PRDCLNT000 by RFC

Any one please give me the suggestions regarding how to solve it.

Thanks,

Vivek . Nellore

Edited by: vivek.nellore on Mar 17, 2008 4:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Please ensure that RFC destinations named same as the logical systems of child clients are created in master client.These RFC destination will be of type 3 and will point out to thee respective child clients. Similarily you may also create an RFC destination corresponding to master client in the child clients.

While it is not necessary to have 1:1 relationship in naming of RFC destination and logical systems it makes the job very easy. Other wise you need to check for ports involved in respective partner profiles(WE20) and then make sure that the ports are pointing to correct RFC destinations(which will be checked using WE21).

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

I have been created the central Administrator as communication user .

Is it correct otherwise i have to create dialog user.

If i use the communication user for login it won't allow for that sake I created extra user for RFC destination and assign logical system to client . It is right way or not .

In SCUA transaction i am trying to assign the client logicalsystem but it's giving error like Entry DEVCLNT001 does not exist in the client.

Thanks ,

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you defined the child logical systems in central CUA system ? If not go to transaction SALE --> Basic settings --> Logical systems --> Define Logical system and add child logical system there

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Precisely all the logical systems must be available in the master client.

About the RFC connection what error are you getting ?

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

I have created that, the child logical systems in central system and i was selected in SCUA transaction but it gives the error like Cannot reach system DEVCLNT000 by RFC. Is there any other solution to this, please inform me.

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

Thanks for your great response..

I am getting the error like *cannot reach system DEVCLNT000 by RFC *. This error occur in SCUA transaction.

Thanks,

Vivek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is your rfc working from CUA to child system ? Check the rfc connection in SM59 . Then name usually will be <SID>CLNT<Client#> eg: DEVCLNT200

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

I gave DEVCLNT000 is the logical system and DEV_000 is the user for the client 000 , by the way the RFC is working fine .

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince,

I configur the CUA configuration successfully.At the time creating a user in central system for child system , how can I assign the roles of child system to that user .

Predefined roles are not appearing and I created a role(Z_SAP_ALL in child system) that is not visible in that list. I already selected the system name as the child system RFC connection.

Let me know how to assign the roles.

Thanks & Regards,

Vivek N.