cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not run web dynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

im new in developing with web dynpro in java.

I installed:

SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Composition Environment SP03 PAT0000 (Netweaver Developer Studio)

Build id: 200710302120

and

SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Java Trial Version (with the application server).

The WebAS is running and i configured it in the developer Studio in preferences SAP AS JAVA.

I already developed a little web dynpro application. I want to test this application now.

I choosed deploy. After this, i clicked on "Deploy new archive and Run" on the application (followed after the steps of a tutorial).

After that step i am getting an error (in a popupwindow), which says

"wrong parameter - http://dmhpnb34:-1/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/Welcome/WelcomeApp?SAPtestId=8"; ?

Does anybody know what this error means ?!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to use compatible NWDS and Web AS versions. NWDS 7.1 and WebAS 7.0 do not match.

In NWDS 7.0, you can configure the Web AS under Window -> Preferences -> SAP J2EE Engine

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you armin.

I will try it with NWDS 7.0 tomorrow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

-del

Edited by: Oliver Herfort on Mar 17, 2008 9:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed NWDS 7.0 and it is working fine now. So the Problem were the different Versions, like Armin said.

Thanks everybody for help!

Edited by: Andreas Kunz on Mar 18, 2008 4:47 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I already developed a little web dynpro application

have you developed the application in another version or the same which you mentioned in your post

if you developed in any other version , try to create everything from scratch in the newer version and then try to deploy again

Regards

Chaitanya.A

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for the fast answers.

I developed the application in the same Netweaver developer Studio version. I also created a new project with a new application with just the hello world view, but there was the same error. I think it is just a configuration problem. Either in the Studio or on the server.

Where can i edit the port of the J2EE Engine ? I cant found it in the preferences of the developer studio.

Are ther any good tutorials for the configuration of the NW Developer studio 7.1 and WebAS 7.0 ?!

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andreas,

The URL you displayed does not contain port number. I think you will need to enter it in your J2EE engine preferences as 3601 or whatever you have configured it to be.

Chintan