Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

QM valuation characteristics does not work

after I enter results I want to valuate them but I get the error:

No valid samples exist for the characteristic.

I'm not using sample procedures, but I have specifications in the material classification which are copied over in the inspection lot. Why doesn't it work?

" want to do automatic valuation (this pop-up is a nuisance!) and I want to be able to enter as many results as I want by clicking on the little plus. "

No can do. There are several things that impact how automatic valuation is done. One is the sampling procedure. You can't do automatic valuation without one. That's because in the sampling procedure you define the valuation mode. For automatic valuation of quantitative tests, most people seletct "700 Mean value within tolerance range". For qualitative tests its usually "400 Valuation according to char.attrib.code". There are other types for special characteristics and situations.

From SAP help:

Manual Valuation

You have to manually valuate if:

No sampling procedures have been defined for a characteristic in the task list

A sampling procedure with manual valuation is defined for a characteristic in the task list

An inspection type 100% inspection is defined in the inspection setup of the material master

The target sample size is greater than the inspection lot quantity

So, to get automatic valuation, I believe the above means you

1) must define a sampling procedure.

2) must select an appropriate valuation mode other then manual

3) must not have 100% inspection turned on in the inspection type setup

4) Use either fixed scope or smaller scope on the inspection characteristic.

To have an unlimited number of entries (clicking on the little plus), requires larger scope. Which from the rules above appears to void automatic valuation.

I think I answered your first two questions with the above.

As far as your third question regarding the automatic close. When this is setup, it will valuate and lock the characteristic for the user when they hit the enter key after enterring results. It won't change the valuation rules as defined as above but saves the user from having to select the characteristic and click on the valuate or lock icon button.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question