Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM ABAP APIs Issues;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

1. Can we Create Lookup Field in the main table which is

link to Lookup Sub table Using MDM ABAP APIs.

2. We have to Assign FieldQualifiedFlatLookup entries and also qualifiers manually by going into MDM Data Manger as given in HowTo_13.Pdf. Can we achieve this Only Using MDM ABAP APIs.

3. What is the Role of Value Check inHowTo_19.Pdf.

4. Can change tracking achievable using MDM ABAP APIs

Assure Ponits will be rewarded for helpful Answers:

Thanks in Advance,

Mandy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandy,

I would like to help you out on your last query.

ABAP API's has provided with 2 methods which are related to Change tracking.

The 2 methods are:

1. RETRIEVE_CHANGE_TRACKING: You can use this method to update the MDM Change tracking metadata.

2. RETRIEVE_UPDATE_TRACKING You can use this method to retrieve the MDM Change tracking metadata.

Along with this, you can use the tracking and CCMS Montioring functionality to keep a track on changes done in MDM through ABAP API's.

I am also attaching a link to a very gud webinar by Klaus David on ABAP API's:

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00dd47bd-f2f1-2910-5eab-e9ca52465ae4].

Kindly go through it.

I hope it helps.

*Please reward points if found useful.

Thanks and Regards

Nitin Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandy

1. Yes, you can create lookup fields, that are connected to a lookup table using the MDM ABAP API (the functions for creating meta-data are inside interface IF_MDM_ADMIN)

2. You can assign qualified flat lookups using the API, the How To Guide is a bit outdated

3. Using matching_value_check you can match an external record by handing it as a parameter to the function (within is_matching_value_filter)

4. You cannot track changes using the ABAP API. The only thing you can do is customize the change tracking (define which fields shall be tracked) via the ABAP API. For tracking the changes you still need the change tracking viewer (Portal iView)

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

1.Inside interface IF_MDM_ADMIN we dont have any such functionality but in interface IF_MDM_META we have method INSERT_TABLE_FIELD using which we can create fields but not look up fields because in structure MDM_FIELD_INFORMATION we dont have any component relevant to lookup table. so how could we link this lookup field in main table to other subtable(lookup table)

2. In service market place i havnt got any updated HowTo_13.Pdf. So, could you please provide me that link.

3. I am not getting your third point. could you please elabrote it.

I am not clear about this ValueCheck functionality till now in HowTo_19.pdf.

Any help will be appreciated and points will be rewarded for helpful answers.

Thanks in Advance,

Mandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mandy,

1. Yes, you are right. It is inside interface IF_MDM_META. To learn how to model a specific field constellation using the API proceed as follows:

- Create the desired fields using the MDM console

- Retrieve the metadata via the API using method RETRIEVE_TABLE_FIELDS

- What you get from this method can always be used to feed INSERT_TABLE_FIELD

Everything modelled with the console can also be done with the API (except for BLOB types, images etc)

2. An updated version of the How To Guide does not exist yet. We'll have to wait for the next major release.

The normal matching functionality takes matching criterias and two queries, evaluates them and matches the two resulting records against each other. The result is "matching" or "not matching". In that case both records have to be maintained in MDM already.

Using the matching_value_check functionality, one of the two records to be matched does not have to be persistent in MDM server. You hand that record into MDM and it will be matched against a record from within MDM selected by the target query. Afterwards the handed record will not be stored in MDM.

Hope this could help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I have already tried this, as you said suppose using RETRIEVE_TABLE_FIELDS for lookup field (Lookup Taxonomy) we have field_type = 10 but how do we link this Lookup Taxonomy field into main table with lookup table (categories having table_type = 4) coz in structure INSERT_TABLE_FIELD we have component field_type where we can fill this field_type = 10 but we dnt have table_type link in this structure to associate this lookup field to any other Lookup Table. i mean we dnt have component to fill this table_type = 4 in this structure INSERT_TABLE_FIELD. Correct me if i am wrong.

Regarding Point 3, Suppose after execution of report " HowTo_19" by commenting method delete records we are left with two records into MDM Data Manager Artikel and Value Check and if i execute this report again first it will create three records, but we have already two records so there are five records in total into MDM Data manager, after execution of this report completely we left with one Artikel record but with two Value Check records which are duplicate, so in total we left with three records. here i want that again we should left with two record coz we are creating duplicate of Value Check everytime unnecassiraly when we execute this report. Even for Value Check record i get Score > 100 when i execute report with this Value Check record already available into MDM Data Manager, So these two records should also merge what you say Andreas on this.

Any kind of help will be appreciated, points will be awarded for helpful answers

Thanks in Advance,

Mandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

1. The structure mdm_field_information_table which is used for retrieve_table_fields and for insert_table_field contains a substructure FIELD_PARAMETER. Here it is declared on which table id the field refers. To get the according table ids and how to fill it properly please again check out the retrieve methods.

2. I cannot confirm this behaviour of the API. If there is any defect, please open a CSN message.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Thanks a lot for your reply. when i checked the substructure FIELD_PARAMETER, i found that it is having

component Content and language code, but in most cases this content is used for giving width say '50' for field type text etc. i am not able to make exact use of this sustructure FIELD_PARAMETER. For Example, when i retrieve Category field in main table which is lookup to subtable categories in i got FIELD_PARAMETER-Content = 6:0, but when i create a lookup image field in main table which is lookup to subtable Images by going into MDM Console manually and retrieve using retrieve method i got FIELD_PARAMETER-Content = 7, 0. so in some cases i got ; sometimes , even when i delete this lookup image field and tried to create this lookup image field using MDM ABAP APIs by putting value FIELD_PARAMETER-Content = 7, 0., i am getting runtime error, then program doesnot execute completely and this lookup field in main table to any subtable is not created. I think i am not able to fill table ids properly .

Please help

Thanks in Advance,

Mandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am trying to lookup a flat table given the key that I retrieve from the field in the the main 'Customers' table.

Thanks.

Answers (0)