cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTM for SNP: Create Planned Orders without PPM/PDS ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

does someone know if/how I can make the CTM to create planned orders without source of supply ?

I know heuristics and optimizer can do this. Is there a way to manipulate CTM to do the same?

Regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One can do an 'infinite planning' run in CTM by changing the procurement type of the input material of the BOM to 'P' (external procurement planning). That will ensure creation of planned orders at the factory location irrespective of availability of input materials.

Regards

Vinod

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are no straightforward ways of doing this. CTM being a constrained based order by order planning tool, it will always try to propogate the demand through the chain. The only ways to do it is through Bill of Materials and Bill of Distribution.

One way to circumvent this would be run a combination of CTM and some light development/Heuristics. After running CTM, isolate the lists of Location Products where you do not want a source of supply for procurement/production orders. Using BAPIs such as BAPI_POSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI3 and BAPI_MOSRVAPS_CREATESNPORDER in a followup to CTM, it should be possible to strip off the source of supply. Ofcourse, you cannot do away with building master data out for CTM to run.

I have not worked on BADI /SAPAPO/CTM_SOSINT in CTM, which is another option you would need to explore with your developer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer, I was afraid there is no simple way.

I also stumpled over /SAPAPO/CTM_SOSINT.

Does someone have experience with it?

One main topic is to avoid the need of having this PPMs.

Could one maybe "simulate" in /SAPAPO/CTM_SOSINT that PPMs exists?

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Srinivas ,

Can you please explain why heuristics can do this and why not CTM .

Regards,

Abhinav