cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR for each Reservation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got several Order Reservations in a day. I find that MRP generates a single PR for the day with Qty = Sum of all Reservation Qty. But what I need is PR for each Reservation.

Is there any customizing or Master data steps that I am missing ?

Thanks.

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

If reservation falls on same Period (ie same date on a month ) ,then system groups requirement quantities from the same date together in one procurement proposal even if u set EX.

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

make the setting as given below in material.

MRP1>Lot size date>select EX(Lot for Lot order quantity)

MRP4 -->Indivitua/Coll --> Select Indivitual.

I have tested and it generated multiple PR wrf Reservation.

Let me know..

Regards

Sendil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

I am not getting the same result as you do i.e., generation of single PR for each Reservation through MRP based on Lot Size = EX and Individual / Collective reqmts = 1. It is still a single PR covering all Reservations in a day.

Could you pls tell me if there are any other settings required in the config ?

Thanks.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Go to materail master and change;

1. MRP1 : - The lot size should be TB.

2. MRP4 : - The "Individual/coll" should be selected as "Individual requirements only"

Let me know the progress,

Best Of Luck,

Regards,

Shyamal H. Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyamal,

I did what you mentioned but the result is still a single PR for the day covering various Reservations. (TB being daily lot size).

Let me know if there is any other alternative.

Thanks.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem lies with material master settings. The field "lot size" under tab "Lot size data" in MRP1 of material master decides the consolidation of procurement process. If you give indicator "EX" ( Lot by lot indicator) there will be purchase requisition for each reservation. Presently the indicator could be "TB" (Daily lot size).

Please check this and set appropriate settings.

Muraleedharan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

I really don't understand why you want to do this.

Could you explain the business process behind this.

Thank you!

btw - I think it's impossible

Best regards

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sendil,

Tcode OIOE seems to be generating a single PR for all the components (Non Stock Item) within a Service Order. But what am looking at is to have PR for each Reservation (Stock Items) and not a collective PR for various Reservations within a day.

Murali,

Lot Size set in the Mat Master is EX. But still a single PR (per day) gets created.

Stephan,

The business reqmt is:

Several Service Orders are created in a day at various sources. These are creating Material Reservations (Stock Items). After executing MRP, Material Requests are created from various Stor. Locns. in the form of PR (Stock Transfer) against a supplying Warehouse. PR is converted to PO.

WH fulfils the requests based on availability and adopts First in First Serve approach. Service Order Number / time stamps gives the order of priority.

So, if we are able to generate PR / PO for each Serv Order / Reservation, WH will select only those PO that fall within the priority. Selection of PO for Goods Issue is dependent on Service Order details and each PO is unique.

Is there any alternative approach ? Thanks all for your time.

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raj,

in this case you should have a look at the material master (I'm not sure MRP3 or MRP4 view) at "storage location MRP". There you can define, that the storage loc. (assigned to the reservations) are planned seperately. I think in this case you'll get one PR per storage location - but even this will not fully cover your requirement.

btw - why don't you create the reservations directly for your WH? Why do want to transfer the stocks from WH to the storage locations and then deliver to the requesters? When you create the reservation directly to the WH, the reservation is linked to the service order. If you don't need it for accounting reasons, I think this should be a way.

Best regards

Stephan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

Thanks again.

I have already configured the Stor. Locns. as MRP Areas for exclusive MRP. This way, I have ensured each Stor. Locns. are planned independently.

Your question is valid. But the Stor. Locns. are geographically far apart and hence I need to monitor Stock in Transit after dispatch from WH. So Goods Issue from WH against the Reservation (which is a single step transfer) didn't fit the business process.

Any other thought ?

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Tcode OIOE and remove collective Reqstn for your particular Order type and save the configuration.

Please check and confirm ur commands,.\

Regards

Sendil