cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scenrio help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario. A third party system wants to use sql query on sap database table .

I have purposed a solution not to query sap database directly but the same can be done through XI.

One side is sql query and other side is sap system.

Can you plz help to suggest suitable adapters or method

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned by others, you can use a file adapter to read the sql query from a file in the third party system .

But in the receiver side , if you know the parameters of the database instance of your SAP system you can directly use a Receiver JDBC adapter which can configured as shown in the above link .

So you can create synchronous interface for this receiver adapter and get a response from the database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can use JDBC adapter on sender side

and ABAP server proxy on receiver side......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brunda,

Is the third party system an Oracle database? if not, can you tell waht it is specifically?

Regards,

Shamly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

third party system will write query in there system , that query will have to be excetued by xi and fecth data from sap system .

q.

1 . how will third party sql query connect to xi system sender jdbc adpter .

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Third party system may send data, based on which you can execute the query in R3 via server proxy.

But you have to write the query in the code inside the method created.

I beleive, the sql query cannot be directly executed from third party.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruna,

see your third party system will send a query to XI...............so basically if you can have your 3rd paryt system write the query to a file, then in XI via a sender file adapter you can pick this file and its data in a single field in your source XML msg in XI......so this field will have your complete sql query..............now map this msg to target msg of the same structure..........generate its ABAP server proxy in R/3........in the execute sync method, take the complete sql query from that single field......then using abap, process this query, get the result in a table having req data in the rows of this table.............return this table data to XI via XI adapter................then XI can send this data to target system in file format if required...............then response file can be picked by third party system and then it can process its return data in its third-party system.

file adapter - XI to 3rd party system

XI adapter - XI to SAP system

so if you follow the above approach, then the adapters you need are sender file adapter, receiver XI adapter for req msg and sender XI adapter, recevier file adapter for response msg from XI to 3rd party system.

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think your problrm has a solution in the following example

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/b0/676b3c255b1475e10000000a114084/frameset.htm