SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How ES67 and IL03 Tcodes are linked ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am able to see an equipment attached to a MPRN through ES67 transaction , but the same is not appearing in the IL03 structure tab.

Could some one please help me on how to link them?

Thanks

Banalata

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member229976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

well actually the transaction ES67 shows the IS-U specifica of an IS-U device location while IL03 shows the technical place. A technical place represents 2 different kinds of IS-U objects: connection object AND device location.

So, in IS-U you have transaction ES67 to display a device location - as this also is a technical place --> a link to that STANDARD object is shown.

In the standard transaction IL03 there is no knowledge about IS-U specifica (generaly) as IS-U is an industry solution, bt transaction IL03 fits all...

I hope my answer is a bit helpful - in case of further question - don't hesitate to ask.

KR

Uwe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

former_member229976
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

well actually the transaction ES67 shows the IS-U specifica of an IS-U device location while IL03 shows the technical place. A technical place represents 2 different kinds of IS-U objects: connection object AND device location.

So, in IS-U you have transaction ES67 to display a device location - as this also is a technical place --> a link to that STANDARD object is shown.

In the standard transaction IL03 there is no knowledge about IS-U specifica (generaly) as IS-U is an industry solution, bt transaction IL03 fits all...

I hope my answer is a bit helpful - in case of further question - don't hesitate to ask.

KR

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hi ,

thanks for the response.

Actually the problem is the equipment attached to the device location is not visible in the structure tab of IL03 for a particular equipment while for all others it does show the value.

I am assigned with a task of reflecting the equipment number in IL03 screen and i believe there might be field in either IL0A or IFLOT table which reflects the value entered in ES67 to IL03.

Many Thanks

Banalata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The basic link between ES67 and IL03 is the Functional Location.

In IL03, in the structure display tab, select Equipment Installed and you should be able to see the equipment number as well.Let me know if that is what you were looking for.

Regards

Amitav