cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with the Optimiser - Opt recommendations a week later than expected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We run our optimiser on Saturday nights and bucket start is Monday to Sunday.

For eg. I am running the opt this weekend 15th March and expect to see recommendations starting 17 March, instead opt proposes all recommednations starting a week later on 24th March ?

No SNP Stock transfer Horizon is maintained, 1 day Production horizon.

Please help, this has been affecting us for long and would appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks

-Venky.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What you are seeing is the standard behaviour of the optimiser. The optimiser will not create any receipts in the first planning bucket of the horizon as it is deemed as already started. The usual expectation is that the first period is normally covered by already planned and fixed receipts, for example stock or Purchase Orders/production oredrs. The only work-around is to have a strange time bucket profile where the first week is in days and then in weeks etc after that.

Regards

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ian,

Thanks for your reply. What you are saying is perfect when an SNP horizon of any value greater than 0 is maintained. In that case as you mentioned the whole bucket is ignored by the optimiser especially if you check consider stock transfer horizon at source.

But when you have a value of 0 for the SNP stock transfer value then there is no bucket to ignore and the stock movement should be planned in bucket 1 after opt run.

I just got this confirmed with the SAP folks through OSS.

Thanks

for your reply.

-Venky.

Answers (0)